Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

• 1.  IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted Feb 18, 2021 03:16 PM
    Hello,

I was able to develop a custom JDBC connector using Connector Xpress and deploy it on JCS, i can register the connection on IG side, but I need to Import the Resources and Roles from the target endpoint, but I'm not able to see any Object Type at the association screen:

If I select others endpoint types, like MS SQL Server the object type appears, but with my custom connector no option here. I have to flag some attribute at the connector metadata to IG recognize the type of my users and role classes?

Regards
    Felipe

• 2.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2021 03:37 PM

When developing the dynamic connector using Connector Xpress, each attribute has a new flag named Interesting for Compliance. The attributes with this flag represent privileges that must be certified in IG.  See the Extended Metadata Properties section of the Connector Xpress section.

Best regards,

Frank

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.
    Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted Feb 19, 2021 08:10 AM
    Hello Yuan,

Thanks for the reply, I suppose you are talking about this option?

I enable that options for some attributes, but no lucky with that, the Object Type still doesn't appear on the Governance side.

• 4.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted Mar 03, 2021 10:26 AM
    Anyone have an idea of what I'm missing in this configuration?

Regards

• 5.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2021 10:44 AM
    After you checked interesting for compliance, did you generate new screens? And also re-imported the data with the new connector version?

• 6.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted Mar 04, 2021 11:50 AM

Hello,

I have re-imported content from the connector after make the attribute change.

About the screens, I think i need screens only for the Identity Manager side, isn't that correct? Maybe i'm missing something here, but for custom connector on Identity Manager we have to generate this screens to mange the endpoint from de UI, but I don't know about IG, where do I import this screens on IG side?

Regards

• 7.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2021 12:13 PM
    AFAIK, that is the only attribute that need to be changed and then redeploy it on IDM.  From the IG perspective, you don't need to import the screen from IDM.  Restart the IM  (e.g connector/Provisioning server)  and IG service.
    Best regards,
    Frank

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.
    Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 8.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted Mar 05, 2021 08:56 AM
    Can you describe how you have set up your "Associations".  If I remember correctly, IG only sees the associations if they are set up on the User Account side.  (If you have no associations, IG has nothing to certify)

• 9.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted Mar 08, 2021 10:07 AM
    Yuan
    I'm not using IM to make this connector, only using Connector Xpress and Connector Server and deploying and try to connect directly from IG.

Ricky
    I've try with Indirect Association, I'll try with direct association.

• 10.  RE: IG Custom Connector with Connector Xpress

Posted May 03, 2021 05:32 PM
    Hello,

I'm not able to make this configuration, my dynamic connector is configured the following way:

- Account Class
     - Attribute roleID (containing roleID) mark as compliance
    - Role Class
     - Attribute employeeID (map containing the employeeID of users) - mark as compliance

I made an Direct association in both ways, Account to Roles, Roles to Account.

No lucky with this, options remain empty on the connector configuration on Governance side. Any suggestions?