Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Custom JSP location in VApp

Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:45 AM
    Im Upgrading from 12.6 JBOSS to 14.3 Vapp.

The customer has a custom jsp searchscreen which on JBOSS is located at:
    "/opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/deployments/iam_im.ear/user_console.war/app/page/jsp"

Where should i put it in Vapp and how do i point to in the admin task ?
    Ive tried to put it the custom folder for idm, and point to it in the task eg. "/opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/deployments/iam_im.ear/custom/page/jsp/...."

but the admin task doesnt show in my 14.3 envoiroment..

• 2.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2019 09:52 AM

For vApp

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-0/EN/administrating/administrating-ca-identity-suite-virtual-appliance-vapp/#AdministratingCAIdentitySuiteVirtualAppliance(vApp)-SupportedCustomFiles

/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityManager

/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityPortal

/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityGovernance

/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/apache-ssl-certificates

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer
    Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp

Posted Aug 30, 2019 09:17 AM
    Hello Peter,

Were you able to resolve this ? We also have external files which are being referenced in admin task as ExternalURL , but it does not work for us. Where did you place the custom jsp screen on server and in admin task what reference did you give?

Thanks,
    Shashank

• 4.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2019 01:36 AM
    Hi Shashank,

Custom JSPs are not currently supported in vApp

Please look at this link shared by Scott to find out what custom files are currently supported in vApp.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-0/EN/administrating/administrating-ca-identity-suite-virtual-appliance-vapp/#AdministratingCAIdentitySuiteVirtualAppliance(vApp)-SupportedCustomFiles

Thanks,
    Praveen Jain

• 5.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp

Posted Sep 02, 2019 04:15 AM
    Hello ,

Actually we are migrating our environment from traditional system to vApp. In the current system we have certain external files which are available in IM UI and configured as external URL tab. When clicked on task in console , this particular file is produced on screen. It is placed at following location: -

jboss-eap-6.2\standalone\deployments\iam_im.ear\user_console.war\app\ui7

On the new vApp system , we have placed this file at following location: -
    /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityManager

When we access this task in vApp , we get an error message onscreen --

Page cannot be found. Please check the URL. (/iam/im/app/ui7/AccessRoles.txt)

So , I want to know what is the exact value we need to provide in the ExternalURL tab to make this work. We tried providing the absolute path to file , but this also did not work.

Thanks,
    Shashank

• 6.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp

Posted Sep 02, 2019 04:38 AM

I placed the JSP in /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/deployments/iam_im.ear/user_console.war/WEB-INF/lib/MYJSP.JSP

And in the Admin Task I created a new screendefinition referencing the JSP in pagefragment (/WEB-INF/lib/MYJSP.JSP)..

As I recall.... But I got it working ��

• 7.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp

Posted Sep 02, 2019 05:15 AM
    I tried this , did not work for me unfortunately. Will open a support issue for this to get this resolved. Thanks for the inputs though , really appreciate them.

• 8.  RE: Custom JSP location in VApp

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2019 10:51 AM
    Confirmed with Engineering and verified locally, the way to configure the additional / custom file can be done by either
    1. Creating a custom skin (https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-suite/14-2/en/virtual-appliance/administering-virtual-appliance#AdministeringVirtualAppliance-ModifyCAIdentityManagerBranding) which allows you then to place any file under /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityManager/branding/<NEW_SKIN>
    2. Host the file externally to the vApp.

Regards
    Rinat