Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  IGA 14.4 ActiveDirectory Module Properties issue

Posted May 07, 2021 10:46 AM
    We've upgraded to 14.4 in our customer Test environment, and when we use the IM Management Console to edit the AD Authentication module properties (Home -> Environments -> identityEnv -> Advanced Settings -> User Console) we run into issues when selecting Active Directory as the Authentication provider module class and then clicking on the Module Properties button.

When I did this on my VMware setup in preparation everthing works fine - when I click on that button I get taken to the page where I can define the properties.

However, in the customer environment clicking on the button throws an exception, e.g.

2021-05-07 13:54:20,004 ERROR [io.undertow.request] (default task-5) UT005023: Exception handling request to /iam/immanage/authmoduleproperties!editItem: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/json/simple/JSONArray

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701) [rt.jar:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1975) [rt.jar:1.8.0_265]

at com.opensymphony.xwork2.inject.ContainerImpl.addInjectors(ContainerImpl.java:89) [struts2-core-2.5.22.jar:2.5.22]

Is this something anyone here knows about or should I open a support case?

All we have done is an in-place upgrade from 14.3 CP2 under CentOS6 to 14.4 running under CentOS6, the first step in the move to 14.4 under CentOS Stream 8.

Adrian

• 2.  RE: IGA 14.4 ActiveDirectory Module Properties issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2021 10:46 AM
    Adrian, 
      As part of the upgrade we ask that you clear the /tmp/ directory of the application server in use.
      Please do that and restart the app server
      If it works in your vmare and not on your customer's server, then the problem is local to your customer's server.

Bill

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IGA 14.4 ActiveDirectory Module Properties issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 13, 2021 01:12 AM
    Hi Adrian and Bill,

After discussing with Sally, I shared our analysis below. If you are still facing this issue please can you check the same.

The class is in json-simple-1.1.jar. The jar file location is iam_im.ear\library

This jar can be referenced from management console, we need to check whether the file exits in library. And then check file \iam_im.ear\management_console.war\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF. The MF file should have line:

library/json-simple-1.1.jar

Regards,
    N. Dharma Rao.

• 4.  RE: IGA 14.4 ActiveDirectory Module Properties issue

Posted May 17, 2021 05:06 AM
    Edited by Adrian Bullock May 17, 2021 05:07 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the tip - when I check in the /opt/CA/wildfly-idm/standalone/deployments/iam_im.ear/library directory i only see a class file called json-20200518.jar while the MANIFEST.MF file references both json-20200518.jar and json-simple-1.1.jar.

When I examine our Acceptance and Production environments, running 14.3 CP2, i see three files referenced in the MANIFEST.MF file - json-20131018.jar, json-path-0.9.0.jar and json-smart-1.2.jar and all three jars exist in the library folder, however one file with the filename \#json-20131018\#.jar being used.

Has there been a change between 14.3 CP2 and 14.4 in the jar files used?  As json-simple-1.1.jar is not present in our 14.3 CP2 environments.  The problem here seems to be the json-simple-1.1.jar file missing from the 14.4 upgrade.

Unfortunately I'm having issue with my company laptop so no longer have access to ootb 14.3 and 14.4 IGA appliances where I would be able to compare configurations.

It also seems a bit odd that the jar file with a date stamp is referenced in the MANIFEST.MF file in our Test (14.4) env while the 14.3 CP2 envs do not reference the date-stamped jar file in that config file. 

Adrian

• 5.  RE: IGA 14.4 ActiveDirectory Module Properties issue

Posted May 18, 2021 07:07 AM
    It seems this is an issue with the patch file that upgrades from 14.3 to 14.4.

I just spun up an ootb 14.3 vapp and then patched it to 14.4 - no json-simple-1.1.jar file - but the Manifest.mf file references the file.

However, if I create a new 14.4 node from the ova then the json-simple-1.1.jar file is there.

I'll open a support case.  Seems to be a product defect to me.

• 6.  RE: IGA 14.4 ActiveDirectory Module Properties issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2021 10:10 AM
    Indeed this is an issue with an upgrade (only) - not seen on a clean 14.4 install.
    For anybody seeing a similar error, please raise a support ticket and ask for HF-DE498686-20210401-001-C6.tgz