Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Jboss EAP 7.2 windows service stops immediately after start

Posted Jul 07, 2020 02:38 AM
    Hi,

I upgraded IM 14.1 to 14.3 CP1, so I also wants to upgrade Jboss  EAP 6.4.0 to JBoss EAP 7.2.
    I used the Layer7 migrate tool (-s D:\EAP_6.4.0 -t D:\EAP_7.2.0) for this.
    Running the BAT procedure, the migration SUCCESS was shown.
    So All fine up to now.

When I run the standalone.bat in d:\EAP_7.2.0\bin Jboss started fine.

Now I want to run at as a service.
    I installed jbcs-jsvc-1.0 at d:\jbcs-jsvc-1.0 also.

I registered the service : service.bat install

JbossEAP7 service was shown in de services.msc

When I start the service .
    The following error is in the server.log and the service is stopped immediately
    2020-07-06 11:51:35,049 INFO [org.jboss.modules] (main) JBoss Modules version 1.8.9.Final-redhat-00001
    2020-07-06 11:51:35,690 FATAL [org.jboss.as.server] (main) WFLYSRV0239: Aborting with exit code 1

I found :

There is a know issue JBEAP-14107 in JBoss EAP 7. It happens if the "standalone/configuration/standalone_xml_history/snapshot/" directory contains a config file with a wrong name.

Note: The workaround is remove the wrong file or fix the file name.

My standalone/configuration/standalone_xml_history/snapshot/ is empty, so there isn't a config file with an incorrect name there.

How can I fix this.

Regards,
    Edwin Scheffer

• 2.  RE: Jboss EAP 7.2 windows service stops immediately after start

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2020 08:21 AM
    Searching on the internet comes across the following link. I could not access it but it sounds like it matches your problem description so please review further. Also is would seem that you should try reaching out to JBoss support as this appears to be a problem best handled by them if the below link does not resolve the problem for you.

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3712111

• 3.  RE: Jboss EAP 7.2 windows service stops immediately after start

Posted Oct 19, 2021 12:16 PM
    Hey Edwin,

Were you able to get this resolved? If so, what was your resolution? I am seeing the same error

• 4.  RE: Jboss EAP 7.2 windows service stops immediately after start

Posted Nov 05, 2021 09:13 AM
    Have you tried the procedure at the end of this page ? JBoss or Wildfly Post-Installation (broadcom.com) We had the same problem and following that procedure fixed it for us.  It starts near the bottom on the "Configuring JBoss EAP and WildFly as Services" section.

hope this helps....

regs, 

Per Arne Munthe