Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  to find the details or attributes of a userid given in IM portal from IM .

Posted Jul 30, 2019 01:06 PM
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know how to validate the attribute such as employee type of a userid in the form where the attribute must be checked in IM. If the employee type is so and so then the form gets submitted, else it will not.
    Note: the userid is not a requester id or the requestee id. The id is someother id in the form.

For example. The form below is the one which I am working and I need to validate the manager's employee type and employee status from IM. If the employee type is so and so and status is active then , user will proceed submitting the form.

Please help me with the code if anyone is aware of it.

Thanks and Regards,
    Shilpa A

• 2.  RE: to find the details or attributes of a userid given in IM portal from IM .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2019 11:56 AM
    One thought might be to try using a PX Policy of type=UI to get the manager value from the submission and then do a Get Attribute Of Specific User for that manager value and then do a condition check where if the value is not desired then an action to display message on screen which would prevent the task from being submitted. I am not sure what that would mean for Identity Portal so you would need to try it out and see.

Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: to find the details or attributes of a userid given in IM portal from IM .
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 31, 2019 07:26 PM
    Option 1. Using Identity Portal - Form - Validation (with plug in defined)
    We can write some plug in to query data from SQL(DB) or LDAP(Userstore) then combine with validation scripts defined in form
    For error message, u can display it nicely.

Option 2. Is the same as Kenneth have describe using PX in CA IM. But how it would behave/work in Identity Portal, you have test it out.

Option 3. Instead of using Text field to fill up ur managerid, can u try using User Picker in IdentityPortal - Form

• 4.  RE: to find the details or attributes of a userid given in IM portal from IM .

Posted Aug 01, 2019 02:39 PM
    Thank you all.

option 3 : using user picker field in the form instead of using text worked.