Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Tasks are stuck in progress

Posted Jul 29, 2020 02:17 AM
    Hi,
                All the tasks in the identity manager queue is stuck 'in progress' state. When i checked the server (wildfly) logs, following warning was printing again and again,

WARN  [com.ca.iam.model.impl.IAMObjectImpl] (Thread-57 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-896578556)) Property endPointName doesn't exist in definition of eTInclusionObject for endpoint type CommonObjects, check calling code

Following are my env. details,
    OS - Windows 2012
    Application Server - wildfly 8.2
    Identity Manager - V14.2

I restarted the wildfly service, but still tasks are just stuck in progress and nothing is getting complete.

I really appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks
    Sagar

• 2.  RE: Tasks are stuck in progress

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2020 10:37 AM
    Sagar,
      This message you printed is benign, this would not be an indicator of stuck tasks, what you can check for task persistence clean up scripts running into errors IE size of lock12_5 table, unavailable endpoints,  or messages not making back to IM from provisioning server via the notify log.

We have seen in the past where stats on an oracle database need to be refreshed, please check the general health of the DB housing TaskPersistance. the TP tables hold runtime data and should be kept as small as possible for performance.

Bill Patton

------------------------------
    And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio
    ------------------------------