Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  fail to connect to Task Persistence data source in Identity Manager

Posted Nov 20, 2019 04:28 AM
    Edited by wong chi kin Nov 20, 2019 04:49 AM
      |   view attached
    hi support

i am trying to do a email notification on the completion status if the first stage and second stage of approval had approved the request. But i dont want the email being send out if the task status was partially completed because my email template will based on the task that's fully completed.The task with a partially completed status appeared if the second stage approval rejected the request and the task that's only fully completed if the second stage approval approved the request. i tried to modify my email notification template to query the taskpersistence database for finding out the value in the state column in tasksession12_5 table to identify the partially completed value
    The URL below is the url that i mam refering 
    https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=777313#bma9376ca8-a6cd-415c-9d59-62c56afb1d6d
     But unfortunately i get the connection fail error toward the data sources. Please refer to the following for my configuration 

The following is the submitted task detail 
    Please refer to the attached file for the server.log 

The information of the product listed below : 
    1) Virtual Appliance 
    2) CA identity suite 14.3

Attachment(s)

txt
    server.txt   46 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: fail to connect to Task Persistence data source in Identity Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 07:55 AM
    <From the log you attached>

Caused by: com.netegrity.ims.exception.IMSException:
    Failed running query

at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.plugins.data.PxDataSqlQuery.getObject(PxDataSqlQuery.java:43) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.structures.PxPolicy.setElementData(PxPolicy.java:102) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.structures.PxPolicy.buildElementValues(PxPolicy.java:94) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.structures.PxPolicy.getElementStr(PxPolicy.java:73) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.engine.PxProvider.ruleMatch(PxProvider.java:243) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.engine.PxProvider.shouldPolicyExecute(PxProvider.java:216) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.engine.PxExecuter.runPolicy(PxExecuter.java:40) [identitymanager.jar:]
    at com.ca.identitymanager.policyxpress.engine.PxEventController.executeEvent(PxEventController.java:165) [identitymanager.jar:]
    ... 87 more

2019-11-20 16:39:47,456 ERROR [com.netegrity.ims.exception.EventExecuteStateException] (Thread-2853 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-1503350844)) Execution of event: IMTaskEvent failed. Exception encountered: PxStopEventException:A failure occurred evaluating a policy called "MBB Self Access Request Notification on Completion Status". Stopping the event

2019-11-20 16:39:47,456 ERROR [ims.tmt.IMSMessageListener] (Thread-2853 (HornetQ-client-global-threads-1503350844)) processToEndState: Exception occured during event processing: EventExecuteStateException: Failed to execute IMTaskEvent.
    ERROR MESSAGE:
    PxStopEventException:A failure occurred evaluating a policy called "MBB Self Access Request Notification on Completion Status". Stopping the event
    -----

Do you see any other errors in the IDM VST for "MBB Self Access Request Notification on Completion Status"?

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: fail to connect to Task Persistence data source in Identity Manager
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2019 11:29 PM
    Hi Scott

I managed to solved the issue,thanks for the help

Regards
    Chi Kin

• 4.  RE: fail to connect to Task Persistence data source in Identity Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2019 08:36 AM
    Do you have any information you can provide in this post regarding the solution?  Was it an issue with your PX or a different error in the event pointing to the root cause?  Thank you for any information you can provide for any future community searches on these types of errors.

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio