Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Request Failed in Identity Portal

Posted Nov 21, 2019 10:04 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi Support 

In my access request implementation, requester required 1st level approval to approve the access request before the requester granted that access. But i am getting an unexpected error pop out in the approval session. This is the scenario for the testing 

1) Requester logged in to identity portal to request an access that required 1st level approval only 
    2) Request successfully submitted 
    3) Open a private browsing mode and logged in as approval. Leave the web browser without doing any further action 
    4) The approval able to saw the requester's request ID updated in "Task" section 
    5) Requester cancel the request 
    6) Approval try to approve the request that submitted by requester that submitted at the early stage 
    7) An error message pop out 

Please refer to the attached file for the full print screen for a better understanding 
    Question : 1) Why the access still visible to approval although requester canceled the request 
                      2) What is the error message mean 

Regards
    CK

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: Request Failed in Identity Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2019 10:23 PM
    Hi Team,
    What Wong tried to explain is that, Approval tried to approve a request(which was cancelled by Requester).
    Because the request is already went into the Approval-My Request queue, when the Approval click "Approve", 
    it generate an Error "Request Failed" - Runtime Error - Calling webservice Run Approval Action failed. Workitem action approve Failed.

anyone faced this kind of issue before ?

regards,
    William

• 3.  RE: Request Failed in Identity Portal

Posted Nov 25, 2019 08:48 PM
    After we have upgraded to latest patch level CP1 on IP and IM. We still hit the same issue.