Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Does AD endpoint SASL option support Failover to backup domain controller ?

Posted Jan 10, 2020 01:10 AM
    Hi Team,
    Identity Suite 14.3 vapp with CP1, i have 1 AD domain with 2 domain controller (Primary &Secondary).
    When i click on Test Connection, it always failed with error "Invalid Credential", but in my AD endpoint am using correct credential.

With this error, does this mean that the using SASL option, AD Endpoint connector does not support Failover to backup domain controller ?

regards,
    William

• 2.  RE: Does AD endpoint SASL option support Failover to backup domain controller ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 10:52 AM
    I see case 20113174 is opened with support on this topic.  I will contact Naga to see if we can get clarification.  Thank you.​

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Does AD endpoint SASL option support Failover to backup domain controller ?

Posted Jan 12, 2020 08:49 PM
    Hi Scott, 
    I have tested using "SSL" option, it works when perform Test Connection to Secondary AD servers. 
    But somehow, it does not work for "SASL" option, furthermore, "SASL" is highlighted as the recommended option.

In the release note or limitation section, it is not highlighted that SASL option does not work with Failover secondary AD servers. 
    So my assumption is that, it will works.

regards,
    William

• 4.  RE: Does AD endpoint SASL option support Failover to backup domain controller ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2020 07:20 AM
    William,

The failover is expected to work with SASL option as well. There is no restriction as such with SASL.

Thanks,
    Ishwar