Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  ALERT: Renaming of Provisioning Roles is not Supported!

Posted Apr 03, 2012 05:44 PM

As per; THIS statement, Renaming of Provisioning Roles is not Supported

The renaming of provisioning roles after they are created is not supported.

There are no changed features, where IM will block provisioning role rename, which can likely still be initiated both via the provisioning manager GUI and IM UI. Please don't rename provisioning roles in any service pack of IM simply because of the complexities encountered with object associations that are broken as a result (user accounts, account templates, identity policies, orphaned provisioning roles in IM Object store etc.) This is why it's NOT Supported and shouldn't be performed even if you can do it in SP9 or in the latest SP. This isn't simply an issue with any particular SP, it's an issue with IM as a whole, which impacts all SP's. There are currently no plans by product management to enhance / fix this functionality and it's advised that you simply create a new provisioning role, if a simple rename is required. If you have custom web services code which leverages TEWS to rename provisioning roles, this should be removed, whether or not you're using SP11 or SP9. As we discussed, assuming you have a provisioning role with no object references (accounts, templates, identity policies, PX Policies ) then perhaps the imact of renaming the role would be negligible, albeit still NOT supported and should be refrained from even if it works under those particular circumstances, which may not be common in production deployment.

Please post with any questions or concerns.
    Thank you.
    Regards,

Chris Thomas
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer
    Identity Manager Reporting Expert
    Tel: +1-631-342-4360
    Chris.Thomas@ca.com

• 2.  RE: ALERT: Renaming of Provisioning Roles is not Supported!

Posted Apr 03, 2012 06:25 PM
    Thanks for the posting this Alert Chris!

• 3.  RE: ALERT: Renaming of Provisioning Roles is not Supported!

Posted Apr 04, 2012 12:48 PM
    WOW, yes thank you for the alert. Coming from R8 I have renamed roles. Now I know NOT to do this again.

Is there a way to stop the rename capability? I am thinking that there should be an enhancement to eleminate the ability to rename.

Glenda Sullenger ~ Siemens

• 4.  RE: ALERT: Renaming of Provisioning Roles is not Supported!

Posted Apr 10, 2012 05:14 PM

glenda wrote:

Is there a way to stop the rename capability? I am thinking that there should be an enhancement to eleminate the ability to rename.
    Glenda,

I've submitted a enhancement request on your behalf to product management. Thanks for the feedback and for commenting on this thread.

Please post with any questions or concerns.
    Thank you.
    Regards,

Chris Thomas
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer
    Identity Manager Reporting Expert
    Tel: +1-631-342-4360
    Chris.Thomas@ca.com

• 5.  RE: ALERT: Renaming of Provisioning Roles is not Supported!

Posted Dec 02, 2019 08:36 AM
    Hello Chris,

thank you for your details explanation. We have a situation, where the provisioning role name is incorrect and many users are added already. Because of that the users who all are being added to the role are not provisioned to the end points, Because end point name and provisioning role name is different (because of provisioning role name spelling mistake). can you please give me an idea on how to get this resolved? 

Thank you,
    Krishnadeep.D