Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Policy Xpress - JSON call

Posted Oct 22, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi all,

When using the PX REST call, the plugin validates the return message to see if it's a valid JSON construct. The call I'm making does not result in a valid JSON construct, but a simple string message (A login token). I have no way to change the behaviour of the API I'm calling.

Is there any way to make the PX plugin ignore the validation, and tell it the returned message is valid?

Regards

Eric van der Hoek

• 2.  Re: Policy Xpress - JSON call

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 02:17 PM

Did you try using the SOAP PX Data element?

• 3.  Re: Policy Xpress - JSON call

Posted Oct 23, 2018 05:23 AM

Well, no. Because it's definatly a REST call I have to do to the endpoint.

• 4.  Re: Policy Xpress - JSON call

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 01:43 PM

It seems the question here is if there is a way to change the behavior to return a string object instead of JSONObject with all the accompanied library function calls that are made on this string.

This can be done – you could add an option to the plugin to return the response in pure string format. For SOAP:

SOAP

And here for REST:

REST

Thank you

marpo01 prash05

• 5.  Re: Policy Xpress - JSON call
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2018 01:41 PM

Based on my analysis, Engineering should be able to return a pure string response for SOAP and REST calls.

At present, both SOAP and REST plugins lack such capability.

IDM can return this pure string based on a configuration, and this can be a worthy enhancement to IDM's SOAP and REST PX plugins since they will now be more robust and pliable. 

• 6.  Re: Policy Xpress - JSON call

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 08:08 AM

Eric,

Please be sure to include the version you are on in any IDEA request you open on the community for this.  Thank you.