Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD

Posted Mar 03, 2019 01:59 AM

While connect ca identity suite with AD that time its occur this error

Create Active Directory Endpoint "192.168.100.5": Failed to execute CreateActiveDirectoryEndpoint. ERROR MESSAGE: Active Directory Endpoint '192.168.200.35' creation failed: Connector Server Add failed: code 80 (OTHER-NamingException): failed to add entry eTNamespaceName=ActiveDirectory,dc=im,dc=etasa: javax.naming.NamingException: The CCS Manager is not enabled and no remote server is configured for endpoint type 'ActiveDirectory' (ldaps://192.168.100.122:20411),

please suggest me how to integrate AD ?

• 2.  Re: Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD

Posted Mar 03, 2019 06:45 PM

Hi Sudip

Have you already installed the server connector on the AD server? or in another that is able to communicate with the Domain Controller?

have you validated that the connector is enabled on your appliance? , you can see it in Home> Environments> identityEnv> Roles

• 3.  Re: Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD

Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:23 AM

Thank you for you information 

can you share document

where i can know what is need to do configure step wise if you already configure then please 

help me ? 

• 4.  Re: Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:10 PM

Please also see:

CA Identity Manager: Unable to connect to Active D - CA Knowledge 

CA Identity Manager: Unable to connect to Active Directory endpoint failed with Code 80

Document ID : KB000097594
    Last Modified Date : 02/10/2018

I have also seen error code 80 be caused by caused by invalid credentials.  Thank you.

• 5.  Re: Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD

Posted Mar 06, 2019 04:28 AM

Thank you, its helpful

Have I need to installed the server connector on the AD server

but while i install connector server its failed ?

is any other communicated my domain server?

• 6.  RE: Re: Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD

Posted Aug 04, 2022 06:37 AM

------------------------------
      [JobTitle]
      [CompanyName]
      [State]

• 7.  RE: Re: Error while CA Identity suite integrate with AD

Posted Aug 26, 2022 10:17 AM
      Team,

Three (3) useful prep-steps (via command line) for your MS Windows Connector Server for JCS/CCS - to manage Active Directory using the OOTB connector and/or any custom pre/post exits you may use with Office 365 (O365) integration.

::1. Deploy older MS VC .Net 3.5.1 framework for the CA IM JCS/CCS Connector & O365 Powershell framework.
      :: The Microsoft Azure Active Directory Module for Windows PowerShell requires that the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.x feature is enabled on your computer.
      :: We need the /All switch for MS Windows Server 2016/2019
      :: 10-30 minutes - deployment time

DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:NetFx3

::2. Open Host MS FW for inbound TCP 20411 & 20443 Port (Example below with both TLS ports)

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="##### IAMCS JCS TCP 20411 & 20443 #####" dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport="20411,20443"

::3. Allow use of Powershell Scripts [copy line as is below to run manually] - For any custom powershell post-exit scripts on the Connector Server.

>nul powershell.exe -executionpolicy unrestricted -command set-executionpolicy remotesigned

There are other steps to validate access to both local on-prem Active Directory with O365 integration, but the above is typically all that is needed to get past the common connection issues. 

-Alan

Alan Baugher
      ANA