Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Forgotten Password Task

Posted Sep 28, 2018 04:35 AM

When a user forgets his password, he uses the "Forgot Password" link on the main IDM page. He puts the user ID, and then answers his security questions. After that, IDM generates a random password, according to the Password Policy defined, and shows a temporary password.

He can use temporary password  to log in to IDM console and change his password. 

My question is, Is it possible to use the temporary password to login via  windows logon and change his password?

Currently, I tested to use temporary logon. It does not work.

• 2.  Re: Forgotten Password Task

Posted Sep 28, 2018 10:34 AM

Are you trying to log into a Windows Domain? If so do you have that domain acquired with the AD connector and an account linked to a provisioning user (which matches up with the IM user)? If this is a standalone Windows workstation (not a domain) then look at the Windows connector.

Microsoft Connectors - CA Identity Management & Governance Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Forgotten Password Task

Posted Sep 29, 2018 03:59 AM

Yes, i try to use the temporary  password to login to windows domain. His account already linked to provisioning user and AD endpoint. 

• 4.  Re: Forgotten Password Task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 02:14 AM

Which IM version are you using exactly?

Have you verified (in the etatrans.log) that the temp password is not sent to AD (but possibly rejected due to not matching the password policy configuration etc)?

• 5.  Re: Forgotten Password Task

Posted Oct 09, 2018 03:18 AM

IDM VApp 14.1 Cp5. I a;ready verify the eatranslog. no  error to identified.

• 6.  Re: Forgotten Password Task

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2018 01:43 AM

If the replies made so far have not answered your question, please open a support case so we can investigate.

• 7.  Re: Forgotten Password Task

Posted Oct 09, 2018 03:19 AM

I have already open the ticket to CA support. currently,i'm  waiting for the solution from engineer.