Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How to remove WorkFlow configuration in IDM 14.2

Posted Oct 01, 2018 06:09 AM

We are using 14.2 IDM and configured multiple databases for workflows,audit info,Task persistence,archive & object store.

So as of now we don't have requirement for work flows and wants remove work flow database.

Is it possible to run IDM server with out workflow database?

If so please help me out to configure this.

Thanks in advance if i get any help to sort out this.

• 2.  Re: How to remove WorkFlow configuration in IDM 14.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 09:11 AM

I am not sure about removing the workflow databases.  Is there a specific problem or reason for the need to remove those tables?

Please review the below.  This might help you as well:

How do I decouple Workpoint monitors from IM appli - CA Knowledge 

You might also want to disable history on workflow processes.  Open the process definition in Workpoint Designer and uncheck the Job, Node, WorkItem, Transition, Job Alert and Work Item Alert history.

Thanks.

• 3.  Re: How to remove WorkFlow configuration in IDM 14.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:15 AM

I have reviewed this further.  There is not a way to remove the Workflow database.

• 4.  Re: How to remove WorkFlow configuration in IDM 14.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 02, 2018 02:12 AM

I agree with Scott, there is no supported / certified way to remove the WPDS DB side of the deployment, as the configuration for such is embedded in quite few files.

You could

1. Uncheck WF checkbox in the Management Console > Advanced Settings > Workflow > Enabled

2. You could reference the WPDS datasource to one of the other DBs (Object Store / Snapshot etc). So while the tables will reside there in the nominated DB, it will not be populated with data as not in use.

Hope this helps

Regards

Rinat

CA Tech Support