Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Validation JavaScript and using the validate function

Posted Sep 05, 2018 10:41 AM

Hello,

I am new to CA IDM and having some issues while validations against user attributes.

I have 2 attributes, viz. attribute1 and attribute2 which is being used in the Identify User Search Screen.

attribute3 is holding the value of the String sum of attribute1 and attribute2.

I need to create a validation javascript that would check if the value of attribute1 is present in attribute3 (as attribute3 is a sum of attribute1 and attribute2).

As per the CA Documentation, we should use the function validate(FieldContext, attributeValue, changedValue, errorMessage).

Can someone, please help in providing a sample javascript code for the same i.e. to validate if attribute1 is present in attribute3?

Thanks in advance,

BR

Sandipan

• 2.  Re: Validation JavaScript and using the validate function

Posted Sep 05, 2018 11:01 AM

I am a bit unclear. Is attribute 3 value auto-generated somehow (i.e. javascript, PX, etc) so that it is already the combination of attribute 1 and attribute 2? If so why is there a need to do validation of the attribute 3 value?

Also, try looking at the few samples provided to see if any are of help. They are located under the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\samples\validationscripts

• 3.  Re: Validation JavaScript and using the validate function

Posted Sep 05, 2018 11:39 AM

Hello Kenny,

Yes attribute3 is auto-generated and I need to validate in the Identify User Search Screen itself whether the attribute1 (which is being used for user identification) is actually a sub-string of attribute3. Task actions are supposed to be triggered if attribute1 is indeed the sub-string of attribute3.

I am using the validation javascript option which comes in the identify user search screen for individual identification attributes as defined in the screen.

I need your help in creating a sample javascript code that will check if one IDM attribute is a sub-string of another attribute or not, and if not throw an error meesage.

I intend to append this javascript code to the "Validation Javascript" section for the identification attribute on the Identify User Search screen.

Thanks in advance

BR

Sandipan

• 4.  Re: Validation JavaScript and using the validate function
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2018 01:57 PM

You can take a look at the following as this might help you in scripting your own requirements.

Restricting the users from using First Name or Las - CA Knowledge