Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 10, 2018 11:37 AM

Hi,

I am trying to change the default (30mins) idle session timeout for Identity manager 12.6 SP8 in web.xml

<session-config>
          <!-- 30 minutes -->
          <session-timeout>10</session-timeout>
        </session-config>

under ../iam_im.ear/user_console.war/WEB-INF to 10 mins but still it is timing out only after 30mins. We have SSO 12.7 intergrated with IDM and I tried to change the idle timeout at realm level also but still timeouts after 30mins.

Can anyone help me to achieve this?

Regards-

Yashpal

• 2.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 10, 2018 02:37 PM

Not sure which Application Server is being used (i.e. WebSphere, Weblogic, JBoss EAP, Wildfly). Could it be that you have to redeploy the jar file after the web.xml change?

• 3.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 10, 2018 02:43 PM

Hi Kenny, We are using IBM WebSphere 8.5.5.8. Are you suggesting to redeploy the iam .ear file? Not sure why we have redeploy the .ear file for timeout settings. Can you give more detail on it?

Regards-

Yashpal

• 4.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:38 PM

I found the following KB artical and it only mentions editing the web.xml file which you said you already did.

Configuring Identity Manager timeout settings - CA Knowledge 

I wasn't sure if you had to redeploy the .ear file in WebSphere after making the change to the web.xml file. 

• 5.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 13, 2018 12:48 PM

Kenny, I have followed the document but it didn't work. 

• 6.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 13, 2018 01:44 PM

Did you check the webagent log ?

The Idle time out value got reflected to the log ?  Can you check the value in the log ?

Regards,

Ram,

• 7.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 13, 2018 01:50 PM

Hi Ram,

Are you asking to check webagent log? I have made the changes in web.xml under IDM's iam_im.ear/user_console.war/WEB-INF, not sure how webagent will be affected.

Regards-

Yashpal

• 8.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 07:43 PM

Assuming you are using wildfly/JBOSS  as web server and if you have updated  "iam_im.ear" with the timeout value in the /deployments directory, then a restart of the app server would read the old "iam_im.ear" and use that version. To force usage of the new war file, use either a jboss-cli command/alternatively, reboot with the .dodeploy entry in the deployments folder. This will ensure that the server reference version is updated as well and you won't run the risk of war overwriting with old version upon further reboots.

• 9.  Re: CA IDM session timeout

Posted Aug 14, 2018 09:53 AM

Hi kumsa29, We are using WebSphere 8.5.5.8 application server. Can you please guide how to re-deploy the .ear file in websphere?

Regards-

Yashpal

• 10.  Re: CA IDM session timeout
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2018 01:36 PM

In case of WebSphere you can follow the following KB Article:

How to modify files in an EAR in WebSphere without - CA Knowledge 

Just for additional Reference ( Here information is a bit complex but it does contain the information about the redeployment):

Redeploying the EAR File - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Moreover, you can refer to standard IBM WebSphere documentation on how to redeploy the ear file.