Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Setting up a MSSQL data source - connection failing

Posted Sep 27, 2018 01:58 PM

Identity Suite r14.2: 

Having trouble setting up a new wildfly/JBoss datasource. Details below.

Does any have a sample file that works? I might have some sort of typo.

My setup done per documentation as shown in the doc gets connection error:

IMAG_PACKAGE=IM
    DB_TYPE=MSSQL
    DATASOURCE_NAME=zeronum
    DB_URL=jdbc:sqlserver://dollartools:1433\;DatabaseName=IMZeroNum
    DB_USER=sa
    DB_PASSWORD=Password01

Ran addJBossDatasource zeronum4 and added IP for dollartools to hosts file. It can be pinged. Getting connection failed.

config@dollartest2 VAPP-14.2.0 (10.0.0.210):/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/Iden tityManager/dataSources > addJBossDatasource zeronum4
    [INFO] Converting the datasource file "/opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityM anager/dataSources/zeronum4" to unix format
    [INFO] Attempting to copy datasource configuration files from IdentityManager cu stom directory to remote IM nodes
    Synchronizing datasource property file(s) from /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/I dentityManager/dataSources with remote nodes
    [INFO] Syncrhonizing /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityManager/dataSources with 10.0.0.210
    [OK] synchronization of /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityManager/dataSour ces with 10.0.0.210 completed successfully
    [INFO] Adding IdentityManager datasources on host 10.0.0.210
    Adding external datasource from file /opt/CA/VirtualAppliance/custom/IdentityMan ager/dataSources/zeronum4 on 10.0.0.210...
    [OK] successfully configured external datasource from file "/opt/CA/VirtualAppli ance/custom/IdentityManager/dataSources/zeronum4" on 10.0.0.210 (return code: 0)
    ================================================================================ =
    [INFO] Successfully created security-domain: zeronum
    [INFO] Successfully created datasource: zeronum
    [WARN] The datasource was created successfully but the connection to the databas e failed: Connection is not valid
    [WARN] The datasource was created successfully but the connection to the databas e failed: Connection is not valid - Aborting...
    ================================================================================ =

• 2.  Re: Setting up a MSSQL data source - connection failing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2018 02:34 PM

I double checked your configurations and compared them to the following:

Configuring CA Identity Suite Virtual Appliance - CA Identity Portal - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Everything seems correct.  Your DB_URL syntax is accurate but I am a little concerned about "dollartools".  Does it need a FQDN instead of only the host?  Can you try IP address int he DB_URL?  If you try only the following does it at least connect?

jdbc:sqlserver://<host>:<port>

• 3.  Re: Setting up a MSSQL data source - connection failing

Posted Sep 27, 2018 02:38 PM

Thanks Scott. I used the IP address in an earlier try.

So, the quest for another working example continues.

• 4.  Re: Setting up a MSSQL data source - connection failing
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2018 04:55 PM

You have the JDBC URL like this:

jdbc:sqlserver://dollartools:1433\;DatabaseName=IMZeroNum

Is that "\" really in there? I don't know that it should be. Try this instead?

jdbc:sqlserver://dollartools:1433;DatabaseName=IMZeroNum