Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How to configure CSV connector to reflect relationship between two CSV files.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 03:03 PM

I am looking for some documentation on setting up CSV connector in IDM. I am struggling to define association between two CSV files ( for example user.csv and role.csv having role_id as common column). I am assuming if i define an association between two CSV file then I can get role information available in user information container.

Please provide some information as how to achieve this use case.

Current behaviour: I am able to define user and role container from csv file and defined an association attribute in user container for role container. It all works fine but when I fetch user in provision server I also see user information and it doesn't contain any mapping/association information for corresponding role assigned to the user.

• 2.  Re: How to configure CSV connector to reflect relationship between two CSV files.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:11 AM

Hello,

Did you create a Role Memberships CSV file with the associations between users and roles? See here for an example:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-identity-manager-and-governance-connectors/1-0/EN/connectors/other-connectors/flat-file-connector/sample-csv-files

Regards,

Cathy

• 3.  Re: How to configure CSV connector to reflect relationship between two CSV files.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 01:29 PM

Hi Catherine,

I did checked that sample csv link before posing this question. That link doesn't clarify how to configure these membership information in connector xpress. It just give example CSV. When we tried to import these csv in connector express it didn't define any relationship between user object ( derived from user.csv) and role object ( derived from role.csv). I tried to define direct association between user and role based on role id mapping attribute but it didn't help.

• 4.  Re: How to configure CSV connector to reflect relationship between two CSV files.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2017 03:51 AM

This is like a JDBC database connector in which you need to define two tables (or in this case files) with the users and roles and then create an association. For the association, you will select the role membership, and map the attributes.

• 5.  Re: How to configure CSV connector to reflect relationship between two CSV files.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2017 06:42 AM

Thanks Gill. This is good information and i was looking such detail. I'll try this out.