Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Email notification to reassigned Workflow approvers

Posted Mar 01, 2018 07:07 AM

Hello,

I Have set some notification Email rules on Workflow pending to send email notifications to the WF approvers. However, when one approver chooses to reassign the work item to another user, that user doesn't get an email notifying him about the new work item that requires his attention.

Is there a possible way to notify the new assignee?

Thanks,

Kobi

• 2.  Re: Email notification to reassigned Workflow approvers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2018 07:09 AM

According to "Create Email Notification Policies - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation", there are two types of workflow emails:

• Workflow Pending
      Sends an email when a workflow process assigns an approver. When you select this option, specify the applicable workflow process. Email that is defined with this policy sends individual email to approvers at every step of the selected workflow process.
    • Workflow Pending Email
      Sends an email when a workflow process reaches a specified activity. When you select this option, specify the applicable workflow process. Email that is defined with this policy sends individual email notification for each approval step.

It could be that you need to send the email upon any resolving of the task.

• 3.  Re: Email notification to reassigned Workflow approvers

Posted Mar 06, 2018 04:23 AM

Thanks for the reply.

What I'm looking for is a way to send a notification on a reassignment of a work item, however.

This is not a new activity in the workflow and I can't seem to find how I can catch this event and attach an Email rule to it, with the approvers.

Thanks,

Kobi

• 4.  Re: Email notification to reassigned Workflow approvers

Posted Mar 07, 2018 09:48 AM

Hi Kobi,

When the process finds the next approver(s), our email notification policies can catch this timing and send an email.

However since this is not a new activity in the process (i.e. the approver was previously assigned but is now changing outside of the process, meaning no new step is introduced), the only solution to this question will involve customization, and a Support case will need to be opened.

There might be a way to write a BLTH on the approval task - In the scope of the Support case, we will follow the modifications of the approval task in the TP and WPDS databases, and see if there is a timing we can catch and hinge the code on. 

Hope this helps,

Einav

• 5.  Re: Email notification to reassigned Workflow approvers

Posted Mar 07, 2018 10:20 AM

Hi Einav,

thank you for the reply.

A case already been open, Should I ask it to be reassigned to you? Write here the case number?

Thanks,

Kobi

• 6.  Re: Email notification to reassigned Workflow approvers

Posted Mar 07, 2018 01:13 PM

Sure, please write it in the reply.

Thanks,

Einav