Symantec Identity Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Unlock AD account from IDM public task

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Unlock AD account from IDM public task

Posted 02-02-2017 02:29 PM

Today in active directory if a user fails their credentials multiple times, the user is locked, this locked account is not the same that a disabled accounts. There are some cases when an account is locked in AD but the user still know their password. So for these cases we need to have a public task that allow users to unlock their account.:

I’ve been thinking to modify the link on the credential provider, and create a page that shows the user with two options, when the user clicks on that link on the credential provider it'll direct them to that page i created wich have the following options:

1. Reset password.
    2. Unlock account (Modify account).

When the user clicks on any of the options it will trigger the corresponding task.

The issue that I’m having now is that on IDM I can’t find a field that maps to that lock field on Active Directory. Is there a field on IDM? Or is there a way to create It ?

Best Regards

• 2.  Re: Unlock AD account from IDM public task

Posted 02-02-2017 02:47 PM

Is this a vanilla IDM environment which directly authenticates against AD or Siteminder-IDM integrated and authentication is handled via Siteminder ?

• 3.  Re: Unlock AD account from IDM public task

Posted 02-02-2017 03:02 PM

Hello Ashok.

This is an IDM only environment. We are not using siteminder.

Regards.

• 4.  Re: Unlock AD account from IDM public task
    Best Answer

Posted 02-03-2017 12:13 AM

Hi Jean,

Please let me know, if this KB article suffice your requirement.

https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec583916.html 

Regards

Ashok

• 5.  Re: Unlock AD account from IDM public task

Posted 12-18-2018 12:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I have the same issue described in the subject of this topic but the link is broken. Please help with that link https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec583916.html
    How can I get that article?

Thanks in advanced

• 6.  Re: Unlock AD account from IDM public task

Posted 12-18-2018 01:08 PM

Refer this community link:

How to get an AD account unlocked at PW Reset