Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module

Posted Mar 21, 2017 08:35 AM
      |   view attached

Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module (screenshot attached), which is where the admin is provided an option to select himself or for other access or bulk access. Our usecase doesn't need any bulk access or self access, as the self access is supposed to be handled by the other access as well. The other access is to be used as users access, so it could be both admin who has logged in and users for whom the access is requested.

In effect we are looking to go to the user search screen directly when clicked on the module. 

Any pointers are welcome.

• 2.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 01:05 PM

Abinash,

I am unsure that this possible at this time.

It will take some time to review.

Thanks,

Bill 

• 3.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi Bill,

Although we are making do with hiding the options on the search page, what is a customer requirement is to not have this intermediate page at all. Could you please let us knos if there are any updates on this, if you have had the time to review this?

• 4.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module

Posted Mar 22, 2017 04:47 AM

Hi,

Hiding one or more buttons from the "Access" screen (e.g. "Request for self", "User Search" or "Bulk load") is supported via custom CSS.

However - going to the user search screen directly when clicked on the module is not supported.

Yoav

• 5.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module

Posted Mar 22, 2017 05:54 AM

Thanks Yoav,

Any pointers to which CSS or how to pinpoint the css and the lines to modify?

Thanks,

Abinash

• 6.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 22, 2017 07:17 AM

Yes, for example - in order to hide the "bulk upload" button, you need to apply the following CSS code in the Admin UI "branding" section:

[ng-click="bulkUpload()"] {
            display:none !important;
    }

See the following screenshot:

Yoav

• 7.  Re: Identity Portal 14.0 - How to remove the User Screen from Access Module

Posted Apr 04, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi Yoav,

I finally got to try the code you specified out. Not sure if its my environment, but it didn't work. I had some help on the css update and this is what works:

.landpage-box:nth-child(3) {

display:none !important;

}