Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  IdM 12.6 How to set default values for authoritative sources?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 08:38 AM

Hi,

I need to left both firstname and lastname as required fields on user store for user console. However, the AD connector that creates global users does have, for some users, null values for first and last names, so when provisioning server push it to the user store through a notification, creation fails with a message that required fields are empty.

Is some configurable way to permit this fields to have some default value if they come empty from the target system?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: IdM 12.6 How to set default values for authoritative sources?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 02:50 PM

Hello Julian,

I would recommend you have a policy xpress to run checking if the first name and last name are empty when they come into the system. If they are empty then fill value with some default value. Let me know if you need some further clarifications on this. 

Regards,

Andrew Nguyem

• 3.  Re: IdM 12.6 How to set default values for authoritative sources?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 03:12 PM

Hi Andrew, I would really appreciate it.

• 4.  Re: IdM 12.6 How to set default values for authoritative sources?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 03:24 PM

Hello Julian,

I haven't tested this but it would be something along the lines like this:

I would base it off an explore and correlate event and then check if the first name is empty. This would happen before the explore and correlate event. The event might not be the right one but another one you can use is create user event or a modify user event. Most likely it would be a create user event.

Regards,

Andrew Nguyen

• 5.  Re: IdM 12.6 How to set default values for authoritative sources?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 09:35 AM

Hi Andrew, thanks for your response! Not luck in my case. Seeing on notification log on provisioning server side, it says:

Payload rejected by IMS: Unable to submit create user due to missing required attribute. Missing attribute: tlbUsers.firstname

• 6.  Re: IdM 12.6 How to set default values for authoritative sources?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2017 12:11 PM

First steps would be to export out the IM User Directory XML and modify it so that you don't have the fields marked as required in the XML.

The next step would to either configured the Provisioning Create User task to use its own profile screen where those fields previously flagged as required in the XML are given a default value on the screen configuration or to use a PX Policy of type=UI on Submission of the Provisioning Create User task that could set default value for the fields previously flagged as required in the XML.