Localization in Provisioning - AD country attribute

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Localization in Provisioning - AD country attribute

Posted 10-04-2017 06:51 AM

We have to set the values of the three fields in AD to the following value:

c: DK

co: Danmark

The dropdown on the Address tab to Denmark

It works for two out of three fields, the Country dropdown can be set to Denmark and that works, the C is automatically set to DK when the dropdown is set. However, the CO attribute is set to Denmark and it is a requirement to set it to "Danmark" - Danish name for Denmark. 

i have tried multiple combinations of setting the country to be read from another attribute instead of the value Denmark, without any success. if i set it to Denmark the CO is set to Denmark as well.

On setting the value with "danmark" the dropdown is blank and C is blank and CO contains "danmark" - doesnt work

Is there a localized version on Provisioning? if yes, how do i configure / install? Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks

Abinash

• 2.  Re: Localization in Provisioning - AD country attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-05-2017 04:08 AM

Hi Abinash,

In the Provisioning Manager UI, the Address Country List into the AD account or account template property sheet is hard coded in the ADS GUI plug-in (Provisioning Manager\bin\caw2kgui.dll) and the short names are in English (not localized).
    e.g.: eTADSco=DENMARK
    Each short name matches with a 2 characters code (Alpha-2).
    e.g.: co=DENMARK and c=DK.
    This mapping table (hard coded) is based on the ISO 3166 standardization.
    You can have a look at: https://www.iso.org/iso-3166-country-codes.html

Our mapping table (ISO 3166 standard) is designed with 4 columns as short name (in English), Alpha-2, Alpha-3 and the Numeric code.

The eTADSc attribute deals with the Alpha-2 string.
    You can see the complete ISO 3166 table list of country codes at: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search/code/

Regards,

Philippe.

• 3.  Re: Localization in Provisioning - AD country attribute
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-05-2017 08:53 AM

Hi Abinash,

First of all, the limitation we are facing here is related to the IM Provisioning Manager UI as I explained.
    That means this "Country/Region" dropdown list can be localized for the IM Web User Console.
    e.g.: DENMARK is DANEMARK when using French language.
    Unfortunately DENMARK is not in the default pre-installed languages; meaning you will have to create your Custom Localization Files following the doc.

Since we are facing an IMPM UI limitation, and you want to use IMPM UI then post actions to change the "co" value are possible.
    ->Manual actions via etautil or ldapmodify requests.
    e.g.:
    <Provisioning Server Home>\bin\etautil -u etaadmin -p secret update 'eTADSOrgUnitName=ForProvisioning,eTADSDirectoryName=***,eTNamespaceName=ActiveDirectory,dc=im'
    eTADSAccount eTADSAccountName='yyy' eTADSco=DANMARK
    Or this also can be done by a ldapmodify against Provioning Server (20389).
    ->Triggering this change inside the provisioning server process (your last question, how to automate)  leads you to write a POST_MODIFY_ACCOUNT common program exit to do the change. This is old fashion and requires development skills.

Regards,

Philippe.

• 4.  Re: Localization in Provisioning - AD country attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-04-2017 10:27 AM

Identity Manager provides localized files.
    Sample Localized CA Identity Manager Environments - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

I am not aware of localized version for Provisioning.

• 5.  Re: Localization in Provisioning - AD country attribute

Posted 10-05-2017 04:29 AM

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the clarification!

Further to that though ☺ , is there a possible way to set the country in AD? When I set the dropdown all three got set like this, when I applied another template which had the hardcoded value danmark, it only updated the co attribute to danmark. This seems possible in two steps, but how do we automate that?

Denmark in dropdown

DK here in C

“Danmark” here in co

May be a bulk task? Or PX to update this one attribute in AD Account?

Thanks,

Abinash

Vi gør opmærksom på, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge svarfunktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller kopiere den. Selvom e-mailen og ethvert vedhæftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og andre fejl, som kan påvirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og læses, åbnes den på modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi påtager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er opstået i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.

Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it. Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors that might affect the computer or it-system where it is received and read, the recipient opens the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this message.