Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Explore & Correlate definition not visible post upgrade

Posted Nov 21, 2017 10:01 AM

hi, 

We upgraded to IDM 14.1 CP1 from 14.0. Post upgrade the E&C definitions disappeared, and when we tried to create new ones with the same name, it says they exist. However, none of the definitions are visible.

when we create new ones those disappear as well. and we cannot create new ones with the same name.

Is this something with the upgrade / migration? Has anyone come across these. What can be done to clear the ones not visible and create fresh ones, or, is the EC Definitions not working properly?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Thanks

Abinash

• 2.  Re: Explore & Correlate definition not visible post upgrade
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2017 03:21 AM

Hi Abinash,

We have a known issue that is documented at https://docops.ca.com/display/CIM1268/Release+Notes+-+12.6.08+CR1 

Can you please try the following as described in the documentation and check if you are able to perform E&C

To execute Explore and Correlate definitions for any connector, make sure that the System Manager admin role Members tab contains the Explore and Correlate task with scope rule set with all permissions.

regards,

-Jaya.

• 3.  Re: Explore & Correlate definition not visible post upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2017 03:29 AM

Hi Abinash,

Now by default there is no "Explore and Correlate" scope rule into the member policy of the System Manager Admin Role.
    Just Add this scope rule into your admin role member policy to fix this issue.

If you want this default to be changed vote to the following idea:
    https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235736201-adding-a-default-ec-object-scope-for-the-system-manager-admin-role

Also look at the comments related to this idea.

Regards,

Philippe.

• 4.  Re: Explore & Correlate definition not visible post upgrade

Posted Mar 01, 2018 02:23 PM

Hi

I have similar problem, but i not upgrade from 14.0, i install the version 14.1 and i not could realize or view the definition of explore and correlate.  The adm role have assigned the 2 tasks

Any idea about it ?

• 5.  Re: Explore & Correlate definition not visible post upgrade

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:12 AM

Hi Julian,

Fixing the tasks alone is not the entire solution, please take a look at the scoping as well for it to be visible.

Please let me know if it helps or if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Abinash