Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  IdM 12.6.7 how to authenticate user console against AD?

Posted Jul 27, 2017 09:02 AM

Hi experts,

I have an IDM 12.6.7 environment, with users repository in a relational DB, and the provisioning directory over LDAP. According this document

https://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/service-offering/active-directory-authentication-for-ca-identity-manager-over… 

I undesrtand that an existing DB user (from table tblUsers) can authenticate against an AD, regardless its own password on the database (that is, using the same password he has on AD).

However, I am not finding a doc with the steps to configure AD in the User Console authentication, does anyone did it, or know where some doc for version 12.6 is?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: IdM 12.6.7 how to authenticate user console against AD?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 27, 2017 09:57 AM

By default, CA Identity Manager comes with an out-of-the-box authentication module. This module authenticates the user against the directory that is configured for their environment.

There is a new feature included with the latest 14.1 version so that the user can also be authenticated to an external Active Directory.

Enable the Active Directory Authentication Module - CA Identity Manager - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

In prior versions you would need to either have Identity Manager integrated with Single Sign-On (Siteminder) in order to configure authentication against another directory or you would need to develop a custom authentication module to do that. Note that CA Global Delivery did have such a module for purchase in the past.