Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Deleting records from WP_ACT tabel

Posted Feb 14, 2018 08:21 AM

We are migrating custom objects from older WP to new 14.1 workpoint and due to some problem we have to delete all the custom objects and try importing again, most objects were deleted from the WP designer except few process objects which are giving 

ORA-02292: integrity constraint (IMDB.FK1_WP_ACT) violated - child record found

We found references to the process in the WP_ACT table. How safe is it to delete the referenced entries and try deleting the process objects from the WP designer ? Why did the references in the ACT remain when we delete the process objects from WP designer in the first place.

• 2.  Re: Deleting records from WP_ACT tabel
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2018 04:27 PM

Hi Dhawan,

I understand you are trying to get rid of data but consider (now and in the future) that there is a process to cleanup workpoint process definitions as well as runtime data. In any case, prior to deleting you will need to take a backup of your WPDS db.

To clear runtime data you use the OOTB stored procedure:

spWP_DELETE_JOBS

You can refer to the following KB article about how to do it properly:

Clearing Unwanted Workpoint Jobs from Runtime - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

This calls spWP_DELETE_JOBS_BYLEVEL, which clears linked data from all WP_ACTI tables (where instances of the objects of WP_ACT are defined).

I reproduced this error on my machine, by running the following query (e.g. trying to remove DeleteOrganizationApproveProcess):

Once you've cleared all your runtime data, you can remove all static object definitions, e.g. processes, actions, transitions, alerts, forms, scripts, mail etc. You do this from Designer:

Once it is done, you should have an empty WP_PROC table (among others). The WP_PROC table appearing empty is a clear indication that no more processes are in the system, because it contains the process definition object. 

For any further issues in this thread, please open a case with CA Support.

Thanks,

Einav