Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Posted 04-26-2017 12:10 PM

Hi Dears,

I have a request access with an approval in place. Tasks are exposed to web services and a corresponding task and form have been created in Id. Portal. 

Requester in his timeline of Portal has status: "task submitted" and not "pending approval"

User who is assigned as Approver does not see the work item in Portal but Approver can see the work item in IdM.

I have installed Id. Portal 1.6.2 GA integrated with IdM 12.6.4.

Any ideas to strange behavior?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 04-27-2017 03:37 AM

Hi, you did not specify what workflow configurations you performed for the Identity Portal. Also what application servers are you running on? Did you follow these instructions for configuring workflow for the Identity portal access? Setting up the Workpoint Interface - CA Identity Suite - 12.6.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

For example, did you copy the jars required by the portal to a new folder (ex. File jbossall-client.jar, jboss-modules.jar, jbossall-as-naming-x.x.x.Final-redhat-x.jar, jobs-misc-x.x.x.Final-redhat-1.jar, jboss-client.jar, wpClient.jar, etc) and then point the Identity Portal to access these jars?

Assuming you are using jboss for IM, did you create an account on JBoss for Workpoint Access?

Did you configure jboss-ejb-client.properties file in the folder where you copied the required jars?

How did you configure the workpoint section in the Sigma Admin UI for the IDM connector? ex. screenshot. This screenshot assumes the jar files have been copied to c:\CA\Workpoint

KR
    Russi

• 3.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Posted 04-27-2017 01:31 PM

Hi losru01,

Thanks for your response.

I enabled workflow "SingleStepApproval" to work with task "Approve Modify Provisioning Role Membership" in Event "AssignProvisioningRoleEvent".

IdM and IdP are installed with WAS IBM and I followed the documentation according version of IdM 12.6.4 - Section: For CA Identity Manager Running on WebSphere (For CA Identity Manager Running on WebLogic and WebSphere - CA Identity Suite - 12.6.8 - CA Technologies Documentation )

Screen of Connector IDM Portal's Workpoint section:

Additionally, In log of Portal I see this error:

Regards,

Ricardo S.

• 4.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Posted 04-28-2017 10:06 AM

You may be best with opening a support case so that you can work with CA Support further and share logs/configs as well.

• 5.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-02-2017 12:33 PM

The last suggestion would be to inspect the "order of operations"

When you say "request access with an approval in place. Tasks are exposed to web services and a corresponding task and form have been created in Id"

Was this approval task enabled for webservices before or after to connector was created and configured.

If the answer is after, I have not found a way to rebuild the cached TEWS WSDL file. You may have to delete and recreate the connector.

Thanks,

Bill Patton

• 6.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Posted 05-02-2017 03:14 PM

Yes, I enabled web service in the task after I created the connector.

I configured tasks, forms, taget permissions, User information, group information within IP. Will be deleted all that if I delete connector?

• 7.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Posted 04-04-2018 09:41 AM

HI ,

We are also facing the same issue Approver is not able to see any pending workflow in Identity portal, but able to see in Identity manager.

Can you please let us know how it was resolved.

Thanks 
    Mohd Lari

• 8.  Re: Cannot see tasks pending approval in Portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 04-04-2018 11:41 AM

Hi

Are you also using an older version of CA solutions as the original requester? If not, I suggest you open a new thread specifying what you are using and what your configurations are. Are you using VApp? if yes, what version? what CPs?

Please allow me a very silly question (I am sure you have already done this): have you added tasks module with everyone's access in Portal Admin UI?

KR
    Russi