Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Creating Custom Attributes

Posted Oct 03, 2017 03:03 AM

Hello All,

I am working on a problem and need some advise on the issue that I am facing.

Problem Statement: I have an AD Attribute "GroupMembership" which contains all the groups DN's of which the user is member of.

Eg: Value of GroupMembership Attribute of user "Test1" is

"cn=Users,ou=groups,ou=finance,o=org

cn=Viewer,ou=groups,ou=finance,o=org

cn=Admin,ou=groups,ou=block,o=org"

I need to create a custom attribute with name "UserNgroups" that would contain the value as "Users;Viewer;Admin"

I am not able to achieve the same using the the "Logical Attribute Handler

Can anyone please guide me on how to achieve the task of creating a custom attribute (UserNgroups) using Logical Attribute Handler and correspondingly using the existing attribute (GroupMembership) value to generate the new attribute value?

Any suggestions or leads would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & BR

Sandipan

• 2.  Re: Creating Custom Attributes

Posted Oct 03, 2017 09:12 AM

Hello Sandipan, 

The logical attribute handler is programmed in Java, so you'll need to write java code that can parse your GroupMembership's DNs into the group names. Have you started working on your java code? If you're able to paste it here in the thread I can take a look at it for you. 

Logical Attribute Handlers - CA Identity Manager - 14.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thank you, 

Jennifer

• 3.  Re: Creating Custom Attributes

Posted Oct 04, 2017 02:31 AM

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your inputs on the same. I am referring to the below link for the creating the Java Code  (Still in progress)

LogicalAttributeAdapter (CA Identity Manager SDK r12.5 SP 8)  

Can you please provide me with some sample java codes for carrying out regex operations on physical attributes and then correspondingly storing the operation result into a logical attribute?

I am working with Java API's for the first time, so apologies for my rookie nuances. It would really be helpful if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks & Best Regards

Sandipan

• 4.  Re: Creating Custom Attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:59 AM

Sandipan,

Have you looked at the samples? State selector should be close enough to what you are trying to do:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\samples\LogicalAttributes\StateSelector

As for how to create your attributes please see this:

Add or Modify a Logical Attribute Handler - CA Identity Manager - 12.6.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

leije03, Jennifer's documentation is more recent than mine.

But unless you can show some of the coding you have already done, there is really no way we can move forward.

Thanks,

Bill Patton

• 5.  Re: Creating Custom Attributes

Posted Oct 04, 2017 02:36 AM

Hello Bill,

Can you help me with some sample java codes for carrying out operations on physical attributes and then correspondingly storing the result in the logical attribute?

I am new to Java API's being used in CA IDM, so some sample codes will help me understand better.

Thanks & Best Regards

Sandipan

• 6.  Re: Creating Custom Attributes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 08:08 AM

Sandipan,

Have you looked at the samples? State selector should be close enough to what you are trying to do:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Identity Manager\IAM Suite\Identity Manager\tools\samples\LogicalAttributes\StateSelector

Thanks,

Bill Patton