Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  How to see if a Resource is assigned directly or through a role (Certification)

Posted Oct 19, 2016 02:38 PM

Is it possible to show to the certification  approver if a Resource is assigned to an user directly or through a role ?

With the old Certification page (below) was possible but with the new one and/or with  the Identiy Portal I don’t see this possibility

• 2.  Re: How to see if a Resource is assigned directly or through a role (Certification)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2016 11:20 AM

Hi Gio'

Why do you say it is not possible to see in the new version of IG whether a resource is assigned directly or indirectly to a user? As far as I can see, this is still possible today with the current version of the product. But maybe I am misunderstanding your question? Below is the screenshot of the latest IG version:

I agree that in the Identity portal this distinction does not appear but perhaps you could generate separate campaigns for direct and indirect links so that you make the connection type obvious in the certification name itself?

Russi

• 3.  Re: How to see if a Resource is assigned directly or through a role (Certification)

Posted Oct 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Hi Russi

I am not speaking about new and old versions, but about new and old Certification pages

What I showed and you too is available again but should be obsolete. Good news is I discovered that also the new page (in the Governance portal) support this distinction (see screenshot)

It's a pity that it's not available on the Identity Portal. I have to force the certifier to use 2 consoles.

Thank you so much

Gio

• 4.  Re: How to see if a Resource is assigned directly or through a role (Certification)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2016 01:51 PM

Just an idea for a workaround in IP.

Depending on how you are importing the data it might be possible to create an auditcard of the indirect links (or whichever links you want to mark) and attach this auditcard to the certification.  These would show up in IP with a green dot beside the resource.  A hover-over the green dot would show the name of the rule which could be "Indirect Link", etc.