Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

• 1.  Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Feb 14, 2017 02:44 PM

When I use enable/ disable task it gives an error on a webservice custom connector. However, the account actually gets updated and disabled. Following is the error:

[ApacheDS Worker-thread-147] (com.ca.jcs.core:com.ca.jcs.osgi.exchange.router.MessageRouter:551) ERROR  - A remote server returned an error: org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributesException: JCS@*********: objectClass='eTDYNAccount', name='xxxxx', containerName='eTDYNAccountContainerName=CUSTOMENDPOINT Accounts' can not be modified without any mapped attributes

Point to be noted is that this endpoint does not have any mapped attribute. Is there any configuration somewhere that I am missing because of which it is checking mapped attributes as mandatory?

• 2.  Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2017 04:06 PM

Hello, 

Can you please open up a ticket with CA Support regarding this error? We'll need to collect files and logs from your environment in order to adequately troubleshoot the issue. 

Thank you, 

Jennifer

• 3.  Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Feb 15, 2017 11:27 AM

Jennifer, I have created a ticket for this.

• 4.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Jun 17, 2019 10:40 AM
    Hi i have the same problem. Can you help me?

• 5.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2019 04:14 PM

Ivan,

You might want to create a new community post for this as this was originally posted in 2017.  Originally the error was:

ERROR  - A remote server returned an error: org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapInvalidAttributesException: JCS@*********: objectClass='eTDYNAccount', name='xxxxx', containerName='eTDYNAccountContainerName=CUSTOMENDPOINT Accounts' can not be modified without any mapped attributes

This would occur if the attributes were not mapped.  In ConnXP, right-click on the deployed connector and choose to Edit Metadata and then drill down into the eTDYNAccount->Properties.  Review your Attributes.  I believe you can also add isHidden as a Boolean and mark it as true for your attribute if needed.  Hope that helps.

• 6.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Jun 19, 2019 05:13 AM
    Scott,
    this is my configuration in metadata for enable/disable attribute:

<metadata name="isHidden">
    <boolValue>true</boolValue>
    <metadata name="connectorMapTo">
    <strValue>stato</strValue>
    <metadata name="displayName">
    <strValue>Stato</strValue>
    <metadata name="maxLength">
    <intValue>1</intValue>
    <metadata name="beanPropertyName">
    <strValue>stato</strValue>
    <metadata name="isRequired">
    <boolValue>true</boolValue>
    <metadata name="defaultPolicyValue">
    <strValue>%eTSuspended%</strValue>

in Account Template 
    %#eTSuspended%

in Provisioning Manager i have this error when enable or disable users
    ETA_E_0008<MAC>, User Account 'test03' on 'Pre-Produzione' modification failed: Connector Server Modify failed: code 19 (CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION): failed to modify entry: eTDYNAccountName=test03,eTDYNAccountContainerName=Accounts,eTDYNDirectoryName=Pre-Produzione,eTNamespaceName=xxxx,dc=xxx,dc=etasa: JCS@v3win002636: objectClass='eTDYNAccount', name='test03', containerName='eTDYNAccountContainerName=Accounts' can not be modified without any mapped attributes

• 7.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 08:14 AM
    For DYN ConnXpress connectors, I believe that you also need to explicitly map the prov attributes to account attributes in the 'Attibute Mappings' TAB of the endpoint definition. 

Can you post a screenshot of that TAB?

• 8.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Jun 19, 2019 09:58 AM
    Edited by ivan leone Jun 19, 2019 10:10 AM
    ok this is my configuration for attribute Status

which method is called when I enable or disable users in connector code? Modify?

• 9.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 10:28 AM
    What I wanted to see is the Mappings TAB of the endpoint definition (from Provisioning Manager or the Identity Manager UI)

• 10.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Jun 19, 2019 10:50 AM
      |   view attached
    ok

• 11.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 11:31 AM
    Ok, 
    1. Check the box Use Custom Settings

2. Click on Set Defaults (perform step 3 even if nothing happens in step 2)

3. Click on Add, and one-by-one map the DYN endpoint account attributes to the corresponding provisioning directory attributes
    Note: Any attributes that are marked as hidden in the metadata will not show up in the dropdown list of the account attributes. The only way to get them to show up in the list is by removing the hidden syntax, saving the connector as v2 and deploying a new endpoint jar file, restarting Identity Manager, and deploying new role definition and screens.

4. Once you complete the mappings, save the endpoint and retest.

Btw, what kind of endpoint is this?

• 12.  RE: Re: Enable/ Disable user task fails on a custom connector endpoint pointing to mapped atributes

Posted Jun 20, 2019 08:29 AM
    This is a custom connector and custom endpoint. I solved by mapping the endpoint status attribute to suspended attributo in provisioning