Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Utilizing a single screen to kick off multiple workflows

Posted Oct 12, 2016 12:40 PM

We have business case in which a user requests access to applications. Each application has it's own group of administrators that a work item is assigned to. We need a way  to allow a user to submit up to 10 application requests from a single page. Each set of fields then kicks off an individual workflow per application submitted. There are potentially 4 different workflows (not including app specific groups) that could be invoked, depending if the application is non-sensitive/sensitive and the access level is read vs. write. we currently have a workflow that allows for a single workflow to be invoked per request, but the need to have up to 10 workflows invoked simultaneously is top priority. We have both IDM and IDP. Any insight into a solution? I've reviewed what documentation is available for workpoint designer, but haven't gotten anywhere. Thanks!!

• 2.  Re: Utilizing a single screen to kick off multiple workflows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 03:24 PM

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for posting this here. I'm hoping one of the architects will be able to help.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: Utilizing a single screen to kick off multiple workflows

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 10:07 AM

Hi Emmanuel,

Considering there were no followups or further replies here, my suggestion to you is to open a support case at this point.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 4.  Re: Utilizing a single screen to kick off multiple workflows
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2016 10:53 AM

There are 2 kinds of workflows, task based and event based. Task based will generate only 1 workflow per task and event based generates one workflow per event. If you use event based workflow then you can trigger multiple workflows by triggering multiple events. For e.g. User selects Application 1, 2, and 3 from screen. Write some business logic (may be PX) that assigns 3 provisioning roles or groups (one for each application) to user. This will generate 3 AssignProvisioningRoleEvent or AddToGroupEvent. Write policy-based workflow policies , one for each application. This will trigger 3 workflows, one for each application.