Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  GM DBs migration

Posted Mar 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Hi all,

we are goind to migrate GM databases (SDB, TICKETDB and WPDS) from one DBMS to another, so JNDI connection strings will be changed.

Where and how should we change information about databases, which GM uses ?

GM version is 12.6 SP3. GM works on JBOSS, provided on GM installation media. DBMS is Oracle.

I have asked about it CA and got following answer:

"Initial research shows this tech doc http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec539162.aspx - which is obviously for a much older version and needs updating.

JBoss 6.x implements all datasource definition in <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\configuration\standalone-full.xml - so changes to the hostname for all databases should be updated in this file.

Am currently checking whether changes for the property "tms.sql.server.host" is still required in recent versions.

Please allow me to spend a couple more days finding out the answer to this question - will make sure to update tech doc accordingly to reflect this change"

Unfortunatly, we don't have time to wait several days...

Maybe anybody know about this "tms.sql.server.host" property ?

regards,

Andrej

• 2.  Re: GM DBs migration
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2016 01:48 PM

I found the following information on 12.6SP2:

- updated hosts file with a new entry (abcdefg) - this hostname redirects to the existing server with a different name.

- updated the datasources in question with the <connection-url> pointing to the new hostname (abcdefg)

- Starting JBoss, it has started as expected and updated the GM property settings with the new hostname ( ticketdb.host / sdb.host)

Therefore updating the datasource files for <connection-url> should be sufficient for the new DB to be used.

• 3.  Re: GM DBs migration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2016 06:18 AM

www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec539162.aspx

is the original tech doc which going through update to reflect current version