Symantec IGA

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Policy Xpress - inputing data from SQL tables to action rule template which makes Soap calls

• 1.  Policy Xpress - inputing data from SQL tables to action rule template which makes Soap calls

Posted Apr 18, 2016 02:26 PM

I'm having an issue taking multiple rows of data from my sql db tables and inputting it into a template located in my action rule. It works when I set max query "select MAX(DBName) from AP_SQLEndpoint where delta=1", but I cant set that because I need the action rule to process for multiple rows from our table.

Background: I'm trying to automate the adding/removing of SQL and Oracle endpoints into IDM. I've successfully tested sending SOAP messages via PX using raw data I manually added to the SOAP Template. Our data team will daily input the required fields to add each new endpoint (serverName, DbName, SID/Service Name, Ports, etc) with the unique delta(1-add 2-remove) into our IDM tables. The PX will run after a pre-existing daily task.

Data Source: 2 more (getServerName) ; (getDelta) - For SQL endpoints

Action Rule: invokes Soap message with the data sources mapped within the template; do I need an Action Rule Condition?

• 2.  Re: Policy Xpress - inputing data from SQL tables to action rule template which makes Soap calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2016 09:07 PM

You can use "iterator" data element to retrieve each row. It will work as "for" loop.

Please note PX can only retrieve one column at a time in SQL query.