CA Identity Manager Tech Tip by Renato Pioker, Support Engineer for September 8th, 2015.
Goal: create a Policy Xpress that ensures the new password to be set to the Active Directory user account, and also enforces the “User Must Change Password” flag after a Forgotten Password event.
Steps to reproduce the Policy Xpress:
1) Access the Modify Policy Xpress option;
2) Find and open the desired Policy Xpress;
3) Go to the Events tab, and make sure that the Policy is set to run after a ForgottenPasswordEvent:
4) Go to the Data tab, and create a data field that grabs the user Full Name:
5) Create a data field that grabs the user password:
6) Go to the Action Rules tab, and create (or modify) an action rule to set the attributes into the AD account:
7) Save the Policy and repeat the test to validate.
It does not run for IDM 14.2Any idea of the root cause?
We are running 14.1 SP5 and it works as expected. I dont know about 14.2. You may have to create a ticket with the support