Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  mail enable Active Directory Account

Posted Feb 09, 2015 11:59 AM

We have a use case for a user that has an Active Directory account that is mail enabled so that they would be displayed in our Global Address list.

Are others creating mail enabled AD accounts?

If yes, then how are you going about this?

• 2.  Re: mail enable Active Directory Account

Posted Feb 17, 2015 11:42 AM

You need to know how to create an AD Account with an Email Account (Exchange)? Is that the question?

Mauricio Marin

• 3.  Re: mail enable Active Directory Account

Posted Feb 19, 2015 03:00 PM

Hello Glenda

I'm imagining that you  have an "email enable" attribute for the global user. If you are using a PX to verify this and assign a template to provision the email account I think this is possible.

If you can describe the use case I can probably bring  the idea of what you want to achieve

Efren

• 4.  Re: mail enable Active Directory Account

Posted Feb 19, 2015 03:12 PM

Mauricio and Efrin,

What I need to be able to create at one time in Exchange was called a Recipient. These users have an Active Directory Account but no mailbox. The AD account is mail enabled...meaning another domains address i.e. user@yahoo.com like a fwd without the mailbox.

• 5.  Re: mail enable Active Directory Account

Posted Feb 19, 2015 06:19 PM

Hi Glenda, I think the solution is to create an account template for AD for Contacts (it is based for Accounts with mail enabled without mailbox)  Let us know if this solve your question.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• 6.  Re: mail enable Active Directory Account

Posted Feb 20, 2015 10:52 AM

Hi

I think this is the ideal solution, for the "use case"  a contact recipient object  point to an external email address.    To manage exchange level concepts  please do not forget to check the conceptual differences between "mail contact" and "mail user"  this last is the same that "mail contact"  except that  mail user has Active Directory logon credentials.

Good lock with testing !!!

Efren