Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Posted Feb 09, 2015 06:22 PM

Hello, I would like to get list of the accounts from endpoint, but I have problem calling ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch TEWS method. Maybe someone have experience with this method or even an example to share.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:51 AM

Can anyone help here?

Thank you

Giedrius Bekintis wrote:

Hello, I would like to get list of the accounts from endpoint, but I have problem calling ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch TEWS method. Maybe someone have experience with this method or even an example to share.

Thank you.

• 3.  Re: TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2015 05:51 PM

Hi.

Have you worked with TEWS before for any task? 

I haven't personally tried this function but the idea probably should be quite similar to a View User task. You first of all need to make sure you enable Web Services globally, have the right security, proper privileged account to execute queries, then you should enable your tasks for Web Service. Then, you should generate your wsdl interface and work either with the SEARCH or QUERY interfaces to find your objects.

Usually working with a tool like SOAP UI is the easiest to start with since it will allow you to construct the XML requests and get their responses where you can see the data in that client tool.

Personally, I suggest you start with a task like View User. Once you get View User to work from SOAP UI then you can basically be at a point where you have proven that your environment is set up correctly, privileges are good (at least initially) and all working. Then, you may want to extend and to develop for other possibly more complicated tasks such as the task you're referring to.

If this helped -> wonderful. If not, then I would imagine you have already done all that and now are stuck on your task where you know the environment is fine and just this task has a problem. If that is the case, you may want to reply to this and include your XML request, XML response you're receiving and WSDL interface as well.

It may come to requesting you open a Support Case.

Regards,

Sagi

• 4.  Re: TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Posted Apr 08, 2015 05:19 PM

I can't understand what I need to pass as the subject for this task since subject is mandatory for this task. As I understand task shall be run in context of the user.

I tried the following query:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:wsdl="http://tews6/wsdl">

<soapenv:Header/>

<soapenv:Body>

<wsdl:TaskContext>

<wsdl:admin_id>etaadmin</wsdl:admin_id>

<wsdl:admin_password>Qwerty123</wsdl:admin_password>

</wsdl:TaskContext>

<wsdl:ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch>

<wsdl:Subject index="?">

<wsdl:OID>uid=user1,ou=People,dc=mycorp,dc=com</wsdl:OID>

</wsdl:Subject>

<wsdl:Filter index="?">

</wsdl:Filter>

</wsdl:ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch>

</soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

But got the error:

<tews:name>com.netegrity.llsdk6.imsapi.exception.SmApiWrappedException</tews:name>

<tews:code>700</tews:code>

<tews:description>[facility=6 severity=3 reason=0 status=0 message=Wrapped Exception: Not a valid IAM handle: '']

Not a valid IAM handle: ''</tews:description>

• 5.  Re: TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Posted Apr 06, 2017 11:24 AM

i got the same problem, please someone?

• 6.  Re: TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2017 08:50 AM

Can you please open a support case if you're still encountering an issue?

• 7.  RE: Re: TEWS ViewActiveDirectoryAccountSearch method

Posted May 25, 2020 05:56 AM
    Hi,

I am trying to delete an Account template using TEWS call. I am runing the xml in SOAP UI.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:wsdl="http://tews6/wsdl">
    <soapenv:Header/>
    <soapenv:Body>
    <wsdl:TaskContext>
    <wsdl:admin_id>*****</wsdl:admin_id>
    <wsdl:admin_password>*****</wsdl:admin_password>
    </wsdl:TaskContext>
    <wsdl:DeleteAccountTemplate>
    <wsdl:DeleteAccountTemplateSearch>
    <wsdl:Subject>
    <wsdl:UniqueName>CA ISD - TestAT</wsdl:UniqueName>
    </wsdl:Subject>
    </wsdl:DeleteAccountTemplateSearch>
    </wsdl:DeleteAccountTemplate>
    </soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Envelope>

This is not working and I am getting the below error:
    <tews:name>com.netegrity.ims.exception.IMSException</tews:name>
    <tews:description>java.util.NoSuchElementException error: No subjects returned for task: Delete Account Template</tews:description>

I treid giving the endpoint Name also as :  <wsdl:SelectedEndPointType>CA ISD</wsdl:SelectedEndPointType> but then I get the below error:

<tews:name>com.netegrity.llsdk6.imsapi.exception.SmApiWrappedException</tews:name>
    <tews:description>[facility=6 severity=3 reason=0 status=0 message=Wrapped Exception: Not a valid IAM handle: 'CA ISD - DeleteAT']
    Not a valid IAM handle: 'CA ISD - TestAT</tews:description>

I am able to run other tews call but not this. I have enabled the Web Service for this task. Am I missing anything here?