Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  UARM 12.5 SP5 subscription_postupgrade_12_5_507_3_M03_2013.zip

Posted Apr 18, 2013 09:40 PM

Hi,

is anyone able to download this zip file for offline subscription. The ca ftp server is so slow and the connect keeps dropping.

• 2.  RE: UARM 12.5 SP5 subscription_postupgrade_12_5_507_3_M03_2013.zip
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2013 05:25 AM
    Hi

Please use winscp to download the file
    connect to ftp.ca.com as a anonymous user
    browse to the following path
    /pub/elm/connectors/ftp/outgoing/pub/elm/ELM_Offline_Subscription/12.5.05_Offline_Subscription

when performing the copy operation select binary radio button

Regards,
    Mohammed Mustansir

• 3.  RE: UARM 12.5 SP5 subscription_postupgrade_12_5_507_3_M03_2013.zip

Posted Apr 22, 2013 04:16 AM
    Hi,

thanks for the advice, i am able to download with winscp.
    However, i think CA should re-look at its ftpserver to improve customer experience.
    Even with winscp, the download was very long and not fuss free, although winscp has the auto-reconnect function, i still have to manually clear error messages numerous times before i completed the download which i thought would complete if i left it overnight but didnt b'cos of the error messages. (Very fustrating!)

For customers like me who are on a closed network and can only rely on offline subscription, CA should really re-look on how its customers can download offline content without having such bad experience with its ftpsever.

• 4.  RE: UARM 12.5 SP5 subscription_postupgrade_12_5_507_3_M03_2013.zip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2013 04:35 AM
    I seen this issue only when using sftp with ftp it work fine...

joelyue wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the advice, i am able to download with winscp.
    However, i think CA should re-look at its ftpserver to improve customer experience.
    Even with winscp, the download was very long and not fuss free, although winscp has the auto-reconnect function, i still have to manually clear error messages numerous times before i completed the download which i thought would complete if i left it overnight but didnt b'cos of the error messages. (Very fustrating!)

For customers like me who are on a closed network and can only rely on offline subscription, CA should really re-look on how its customers can download offline content without having such bad experience with its ftpsever.