Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Revoke Provisioning Role before Assign Provisioning Role

Posted Jun 18, 2019 11:43 PM
    Hi

I have a PX with an action that first  revokes a Provisioning role and then assigns another Provisioning role.  I have noticed that when the PX fires the Revoke always occurs after the Assign:  no matter what order I specify in the Action.

Is there anyway I can force the system to always process the Revoke before the Assign?

Regards
    David

• 2.  RE: Revoke Provisioning Role before Assign Provisioning Role

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 02:42 AM
    Create 2 PXs with different execution priorities so they  run independently of one another, or call the second PX from the first. Make sure you test multiple times for desired outcome as race conditions can vary.

Howecer, if these provisioning roles are for the same endpoint type, you may actually want to assign first and revoke second to preserve any endpoint user operational attributes. So the behavior you're seeing is what you want.

• 3.  RE: Revoke Provisioning Role before Assign Provisioning Role
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 19, 2019 09:49 AM

There is a setting on the Management Console that may also need to be adjusted.  Under Provisioning there is a setting to allow accumulation of Provisioning Roles.  When turned on the behavior is add then remove.

David Doan

Services Consultant

HCL America, Inc.

Mob: 678-517-7185

http://www.hcltech.com/ Click or tap if you trust this link.">www.hcltech.com 

::DISCLAIMER::
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------