DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

• 1.  How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 08, 2021 07:11 AM
    Hello,

Is it possible to have interface statistics (utilization, bits total rate..) for a link aggregation where the links are implemented by the aggregation of interfaces in two different physical chassis? (as in a vPC channel for example..)

Thank you.

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 2.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 08, 2021 07:43 AM
    If you need just for reporting purposes, grouping the interfaces would do it for you. This is how I solved this for one of my customers. 

I've been asked about this by several customers. They also asked about having thresholds created on this aggregated links. That's not possible at this moment.

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 3.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 09, 2021 07:45 AM

Utilization would get averaged

Robert Zilliox

Network Monitoring Services

NSP/NFM-P, WinManage/WiFi,Statweb,CLM,CSBH,ODAT,WISP,WKNOC

• 4.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 09, 2021 08:50 AM
    Robert,

Yes.. and that' one of the problems..

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 5.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2021 02:47 AM
    Hi Bruno, Robert,

I created a custom app that report aggregated rate for interfaces in a group. Let me know if you are interested on it.

Regards

• 6.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 12, 2021 04:06 AM
    Hello Jose.

Seems really interesting! Great work!

The Maximum and Minimum is the sum of both interfaces? How do you calculate Percentile in this case?

Is your app on the git hub? Can you share?

Thank you.

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 7.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2021 04:17 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Bruno,

the app aggregates summing the inbound traffic of the interfaces in the group and the outbound traffic of the interfaces in the group. For the result, it calculates the max, min, mean and percentile (configurable) of the aggregated values.

So min value is the minimum value reached by the total traffic in the interfaces. Same for max.

I do not have the app uploaded to the github. I can share here.

Regards

Attachment(s)

zip
    bpsInOutGroupReport.zip   233 KB 1 version

• 8.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 12, 2021 05:34 AM
    Jose,

Thank you!

BR
    Bruno Sousa

• 9.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 12, 2021 08:48 AM

I would enjoy this app.

Maybe Broadcom can add it to the platform.

Robert Zilliox

Network Monitoring Services

NSP/NFM-P, WinManage/WiFi,Statweb,CLM,CSBH,ODAT,WISP,WKNOC

• 10.  RE: How can we get interface statistics for Link aggregation? (in different physical devices)

Posted Apr 12, 2021 08:53 AM
    who's managing the github repository these days?

Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks