DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7

Posted Jul 17, 2020 02:51 PM
    I'm trying to add Spectrum 10.4 as a Data Source to CAPC 3.7 ( both linux) and I keep getting a error stating "Data Source Test Failed
    Error establishing an SSL connection with the data source. Verify the certificates."   I created the keystore on the CAPC server and added the .cer certificate to it from the oneClick server. I'm still getting the same error.  Anybody else run into this issue?

------------------------------
    Aubrey Conner
    Systems Administrator
    IT-Monitoring and Systems Management
    RAYMOND JAMES & ASSOCIATES INC.

• 2.  RE: Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7

Posted Jul 17, 2020 05:52 PM
    I always setup the datasource as HTTP first to verify everything works.  Then after it all connects begin the process of setting up HTTPS.

David

David DuPre'

Architect - Services |  Enterprise Studio

HCL Technologies Ltd.

404-617-3023  |  david.dupre@hcl.com  | Lookout Mountain, GA

www.hcltech.com  | www.ca.com/services

OutOfOffice Alert:  Aug 14-21, 2020 - returning Aug 24

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 3.  RE: Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7

Posted Jul 21, 2020 09:01 AM
    David,
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that horse has already left the barn.  
    Thanks,
    Aubrey

Aubrey Conner
    Systems Administrator

• 4.  RE: Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7

Posted Jul 21, 2020 09:05 AM
    Jeff,
    I believe that I did import the Spectrum cert /opt/CA/jre/lib/security/cacerts, now I'm investigating the intermediate and root certs because I know that they are not in there.

Aubrey Conner
    Systems Administrator

• 5.  RE: Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2020 06:27 PM
    Did you import the Spectrum cert into /opt/CA/jre/lib/security/cacerts ?  If it's signed, are the intermediate (if any) and root certs imported into same cacerts?

We need those to trust the connection to Spectrum.

• 6.  RE: Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2020 05:07 PM
    Aubrey,

As Jeff mentioned, Performance Center needs to have the Spectrum certificate in the /opt/CA/jre/lib/security/cacerts keystore and this keystore is there from the install, it is not something you should ever need to create.  If you created a keystore manually, something likely was done out of turn or in error.  Also, there is some configuration on the Spectrum side you may need to look into in the axis2.xml file, for more please see this doc entry:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/dx-netops/20-2/Fault-Monitoring-with-DX-Spectrum/integrating/ca-performance-management-and-ca-spectrum/troubleshooting-ca-spectrum-and-ca-performance-management-integration.html#concept.dita_f7b32e52a2b3f39ffa367242b22e4ea6f42cffaa_UnabletoAddSpectrumDataasSourcetoCAPerformanceManagement

Regards,
    Troy

• 7.  RE: Spectrum 10.4 integration with CAPC 3.7

Posted Jul 21, 2020 09:09 AM
    Troy, I've looked at the axis2.xml and it appears that the file has already been updated to:
    <!-- The default configuration assumes that AxisServlet only receives requests
    through HTTP. To allow HTTPS as well, configure a second AxisServletListener
    with name="https" and specify the port parameter on both receivers.
    For more information, please have a look at the servlet transport documentation:
    http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/servlet-transport.html -->
    <transportReceiver name="https"
    class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServletListener">
    <parameter name="port">8443</parameter>
    </transportReceiver>

according to the doc you have provided.
    Thanks,
    Aubrey

Aubrey Conner
    Systems Administrator