DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to generate Top N reports based on severity ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2019 06:19 AM
    Spectrum + CABI
    Would like to generate Top N reports (Devices/Models) with Most Alarms, with severity.
    For example, Top N reports with "Critical" severity, or "Minor" severity, or so.
    Built-In report (Top N Devices and Models with the Most Alarms all) does not have severity filter.
    Appreciate any ideas.

• 2.  RE: How to generate Top N reports based on severity ?

Posted Aug 28, 2019 07:31 AM
    Hi Yu,

Something like this? I always struggle with CABI as well, but this is what I managed to get so far.

Best regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 3.  RE: How to generate Top N reports based on severity ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2019 06:47 AM
    Hello, Marcelo, Thank you so much for your attention ! Really appreciated your support !
    In Out-of-the-box Top N report, it will produce list of top N devices which has many alarms in a given period of time, and it is based on total number of alarms regardless of its severity.
    However, sometimes we may want to identify which devices having critical alarms the most, which devices having major alarms the most, so would like to produce list of devices with specific severity based criteria. Again Thank you for your support !

• 4.  RE: How to generate Top N reports based on severity ?

Posted Aug 29, 2019 09:59 AM
    Hi Yu,

Anytime, I'm glad to help.
    Yes, it turns out that this is a very useful report, specially when using the alarm creation date as a filter and sorting it according to what is important to you.

Best regards,

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark