DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  You will be able to Share Dashboards on NetOps portal with Team members soon!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2021 11:17 AM

We took cognizance of all your feedbacks around the existing inability to share/publish dashboards created under the dashboard heading “My Dashboards” in the NetOps portal with other members of your team. Working closely with customers we have seen, how time consuming and error prone it became to recreate the same dashboard for many members. Well, here’s the good news, we completed the Feature to enable dashboards created under the dashboard heading “My Dashboards” to become shareable.

In upcoming 21.2.6 release, a user with the correct role rights can copy a given Dashboard from “My Dashboard” menu out to another Dashboard menu. Additionally, as a user, I can define whom I share my dashboards with; eliminating security violations (will copy over user’s properties ONLY at the point that the page is copied to alternate menu).

Here is how it will work:

1. User1 with the correct permission creates a dashboard called ABC under "My Dashboard" then copies that Dashboard to another Menu like Operations naming the Dashboard ABC1
    2. Another user, user 2, logs into the DX-NetOps Portal navigates to Dashboards/Operations, clicks on Dashboard ABC1 and views the dashboard that user 1 created

------------------------------
    ​Thomas Story

Product Line Manager/DX-NetOps

Broadcom Software

Mobile: 704-904-1132

thomas.story@broadcom.com

Twitter | LinkedIn

• 2.  RE: You will be able to Share Dashboards on NetOps portal with Team members soon!

Posted Dec 07, 2021 11:21 AM
    What about Edit.
    Can you assign Edit Privs?
    We all really need not just Share but Edit too.

How about not just My dashboards. Or must you do a Full intermediate step like create in my Dashboard first.

For instance .
    User1 Logs in (Not an Admin)
    1) Create a dashboard under the Menu "Core Network Dashboards"
    2) Allow All Users to see the dashboard.
    3) Allow Some users in a particular group to Edit the dashboard.

• 3.  RE: You will be able to Share Dashboards on NetOps portal with Team members soon!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2021 11:35 AM
    Yes, Edit can be an assigned privilege as well and not restricted to My Dashboards.  You will be able to accomplish your example

​Thomas Story

Product Line Manager/DX-NetOps

Broadcom Software

Mobile: 704-904-1132

thomas.story@broadcom.com

Twitter | LinkedIn

• 4.  RE: You will be able to Share Dashboards on NetOps portal with Team members soon!

Posted Dec 08, 2021 08:19 AM
    This is really good news.