DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Problems with NFA 10.0.2

Posted Jan 30, 2020 03:14 PM
    Hi all.

I installed ca nfa 10.0.2 but for a reason i don't see data in tabs Enterprise Overview and Interfaces tab. I don't know if this happened because did not install well. In fact on the installation a note is appear ---->

So I can see data on the Flow Statistics ----->

When I review the enable interfaces tab the interfaces appear as (License = No)

The license number it's configured, I don't know if I need other configuration like set some file ----->

Other Problem that I have, is the configuration system Status. How Can I solvent this issue ------>

This is the configuration SNMP Service ----->
    What can I do ? Please, have someone guide me in these problems

Best Regards.

• 2.  RE: Problems with NFA 10.0.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2020 03:54 PM
    First error message during installation means you missed one of the prereqs likely ASP and/or ASP.net, make sure to go carefully through each of the steps in the two links below
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/network-flow-analysis/10-0-0/installing/system-recommendations-and-requirements/windows-servers/install-net-framework.html

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/network-flow-analysis/10-0-0/installing/system-recommendations-and-requirements/windows-servers/install-iis-asp-com-and-snmp.html

The licensed devices count can be manually entered according to your contract and has no bearing on nfa actually licensing interfaces, its just for accounting purposes.

The Netqos ReporterANalyzer Pump service is the service that will license an interface once it sees enough valid netflow data over a 15 minute period make sure that service is started.  Make sure that service is running.  Also check the \CA\NFA\Reporter\logs\Pump*.log file for the string ".flt" and see if there are any errors or exceptions after it.  Also check for any other errors in that log. 

The System Status messages you just have to Setup the Windows SNMP server security tab to have the same snmp community string as listed on the Admin->Watchdog Settings page of NFA and also make sure its set to allow requests from the Console server on all servers.  If that is still failing there is a Watchdog log in the same directory as the Pump log.

• 3.  RE: Problems with NFA 10.0.2
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 04, 2020 10:04 AM
    Hi Everyone, the solution to my problem was ------>

The pump service was in a hung state. Once it was restarted, it began processing normally.

Apply the patch documented here for SNMP polling issues in 10.0.2:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=141294

For the System Status, only this ----->

The errors we see in the watchdog log show that you are getting 405 errors

To fix this:

1) Open IIS on the NFA server

2) Applications pools on the left

3) Find the ProxyService

4) Double click ProxyService and set it to .NET 4.0 instead of .NET 2.0

5) Hit Recycle on the right had side.

6) Recycle the NetQoS Reporter/Analyzer Watchdog Service