DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Managment Agent Lost

• 1.  Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 14, 2021 04:29 PM
    Hi Broadcom Team,

Kindly help me with following issues getting on CA Spectrum monitoring Tool. Suddenly started getting Management Agent Lost on one of the Monitoring Networking device. Device is Pinging. When I try to Poll, getting Result as Unsuccessful. Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 2.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2021 05:45 PM
    That means the SNMP credentials for the device are no longer valid, or for the wrong SNMP version.

Check the SNMP credentials assigned to the device.  Can you use like snmpget on the spectrum machine, using the SNMP creds/version in Spectrum, to reach the device and get like sysUpTime.0 ?

• 3.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 15, 2021 12:36 PM
    Please check the SNMP communication and community string .

• 4.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 11:55 AM
    Hi Issac08,

I verified SNMP communication and communication string via snmpwalk command, but my environment is windows and could not download binaries on spectro, kindly could you suggest alternative steps. I discovered server on respective landscape server got result as : 

Please suggest next step, so that I can perform the steps. Also, let me know what could be all possibilities, when Spectrum doent discovered device

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 5.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 12:29 PM
    Nataraj,

Enable AutoDiscovery debug by doing the following:

1. Log into OneClick
    2. Find and select the VNM model
    3. Click on the Information tab in the Component Detail panel
    4. Find and expand the AutoDiscovery Control -> Debug Options subview
    5. Set "Debug AutoDiscovery" to On
    6. Run your AutoDiscovery

There should be a file created in the $SPECROOT/SS directory on the SpectroSERVER machine that starts with "ADiscDebug". Take a look in this file for errors.

Joe

• 6.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 02:25 PM
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for responding, when I try to launch Spectrum console on oneclick console, it keeps downloading .jnlp files repeated times and never launch to spectrum console. It is configured directly from my laptop launch spectrum console via google chrome.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 7.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 02:30 PM
    Nataraj,

Do you have JRE installed? After downloading the jnlp file you need to open it with jre.

Joe

• 8.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:05 PM
    Hi Joe,
    I have installed and tried to open and I am getting error as shown and please find the screenshot for the same:

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 9.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 12:29 PM
    Hi Natraj ,

You said you can ping the device but you are getting No device found error if you can ping the device from spectro server means it should discover as pingable? If it is windows server are you using system edge or native SNMP ? Windows firewall is running on this machine ?

• 10.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 02:13 PM
    Hi Issac08,

It is windows server and using CA System Edge. 

Windows firewall is disabled:

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 11.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:02 PM
    Have you validated the SNMP community string and SNMP ports are open from Spectrum to device? Can you also ping the device from Spectrum

• 12.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:56 PM
    Hi Issac08,

I validated community string there were 2 community strings found on security tab other than which is configured on spectrum console.

Also, I tested ports 161 and 162 by telnetting from one click server to respective windows( monitoring server). I got result as could not open to connection to the Host on port 161 and 162.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 13.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 04:08 PM
    I believe the SysEdge uses port 1691 for snmp by default and not port 161.

Try using port 1691.

Joe

• 14.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 16, 2021 04:18 PM
    Hi Joe,

I got connection failed for 1691 as well. Can we connect by any means to sort the issue ?

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 15.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 17, 2021 03:00 AM
    Specified port is UDP and not TCP. Telnet doesn't help you. You should be using netcat for UDP connection testing. You can use 'netstat -nba' to see exactly on what port the SysEDGE agent is listening. Check for its corresponding process.

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 16.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2021 11:00 AM

Nataraj

Would recommend to run a SNMP walk against the device in Bash shell / command line.  Spectrum provides a third party utility "sapwalk" for this test, located in <SPECROOT>/bin. This is a third party app - if you can't run a walk on the device with Sapwalk2, then its not a spectrum issue and you'll need to engage your network team. 
    Else, if you can successfully walk the device with sapwalk2, then would suggest the AutoDiscovery debug as suggested above by Joe. 

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=13592

example. 

- log into Bash as SpectrumAdmin to SpectroSERVER landscape where the device is to be modeled
    - cd bin
    - ./sapwalk2.exe -i <ip address> -v <snmp version> -s 1.3.6.1 -c <community name> -o sapwalk_test.out

The above is a basic snmp walk against the Device. Check the output file for any errors. 

You can also run a sniffer trace/packet capture while running the walk (or running the Discovery in Spectrum, for that matter). Depending on the OS where the SS is installed, you may be using Wireshark (windows) or tcpdump (linux). The packet traffic can also provide clues on the connectivity issues. 

Jason Volpini
    Senior Support Engineer  | Enterprise Software
    Broadcom

• 17.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Posted Jun 18, 2021 03:31 PM
    Hi Jason,

Thanks for neatl explaination. Can I use same commands for windows as well.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 18.  RE: Managment Agent Lost

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2021 03:38 PM
    You can log into Bash on Windows. open a Powershell or CMD and type: 

bash -l

It will log into <SPECROOT> and you can nav to /bin to run sapwalk

Wireshark is a third party utility, runs on Windows. 

Jason Volpini
    Senior Support Engineer  | Enterprise Software
    Broadcom