DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Attribute for Global Collection Not Appearing?

Posted Sep 05, 2019 07:37 PM
    Hi all,

I need to modify an existing Global Collection to grab the attribute ifDescr (0x1134b) and check if a string exists in this attribute. However, that attribute doesn't seem to show up at all in my attribute selector, and isn't in the drop down when in the global collection. How can I get this added?

• 2.  RE: Attribute for Global Collection Not Appearing?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2019 03:01 AM
    Hi Kevin,

Make sure you're selecting the Gen_IF_Port model type, then it should appear:

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 3.  RE: Attribute for Global Collection Not Appearing?

Posted Sep 12, 2019 05:09 AM
    First of all, the attribute ifDescr (0x1134b) is an external attribute. It is polled on demand by the system, whenever the information is required. So this is an overhead when performing a search. It's not actually recommended to perform a search on an external attribute. 

Secondly, the attribute itself is related with ports model types, so you will not find it under a GC (container) model type. You will find it however on all model types of ports. There's a long list of those. 

Maybe you should specify more clearly what is the thing that you're trying to do. From your question I do not understand the problem, as there's no direct connection between a GC and the ifDescr attribute.

Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks