DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.

Posted Mar 25, 2020 02:31 AM
    Hi All,

We are using the custom perl script for getting the unsupported models NCM capture in ca spectrum. while capturing we are receiving the below error.
    SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.
    can anyone help me how to match the * char in using the perl.

Thanks,
    john.

• 2.  RE: SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.

Posted Mar 26, 2020 03:05 AM
    HI All,

Can anyone help me on this please.

Thanks,
    john.

• 3.  RE: SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2020 01:38 PM
    Hello John

Please check this article. https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=92584

Just curious, were you able to search Broadcom support for the error to locate the article? 

------------------------------
    Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.

Posted Mar 30, 2020 01:57 AM

Hi Jason,

I have tried these things already , and found the "*" is the special char , but the device is our core so the network team is not going to change anything in these device end.

Can we able to match these "*" char using the perl script.

Thanks & Regards,

John.J

• 5.  RE: SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 02:11 PM
    Hi John

It is likely possible to parse out the special characters from the config using the Perl script. Unfortunately for us in Support we do not have that specific knowledge. I would recommend to continue reaching out to the Communities for any assistance - perhaps rephrasing the question like 

"How to parse out asterisk "*" character from NCM config capture over SSH w/ Perl script, to avoid error 'SPC-OCC-10170: Unable to process. Device configuration data contains special characters.' - the device config itself cannot be modified"

I can also recommend to reach Broadcom Services team either through contacting customer support or through you sales rep, and they could assist in the scripting of Perl. 

Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom