DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

• 1.  SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Aug 23, 2021 05:59 AM

Hi world,

when I try to capture the configuration by SNMP/TFTP I get the answer: "SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.".
    In the Eventlog, I see that message:

"Configuration Manager - Capture failed with Primary communication mode SNMP/TFTP for host running configuration file from device xxxxxx of type SwCiscoIOS on landscape xxxxxx initiated by user xxxx.
    Specific error: The file transfer on the device timed out.
    The network may be overloaded or the TFTP server on the SpectroSERVER machine may not be running or responding."

We have the SNMP RW rights on that device and we increased the DCM Timeouts to the maximum of 6000 ms, TFTP server is up and running, but I don't see any other possibility to look for a missconfiguration.

Does anyone of you has an idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.
    Rudi

• 2.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2021 10:54 AM
    Rudi,

Check out the following knowledge article.

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=125712

Joe

• 3.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Aug 24, 2021 10:32 AM
    Hi Joe,

thank you for responding to my issue.

The problem is, we have no configuration for jumbo frames on our switch, so I have no clue why it isn't working.

Kind regards,
    Rudi

• 4.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Aug 24, 2021 11:24 AM
    Are you facing this issue for only one device or whole device family?

• 5.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2021 11:45 AM
    Hello

I would suggest to run a tcpdump or Wireshark packet capture. The packet traffic can be very helpful in troubleshooting NCM capture errors.

------------------------------
    Jason Volpini
    Senior Support Engineer  | Enterprise Software
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Aug 25, 2021 09:24 AM
    Hi Jason and hi Issac,

only one device is facing this problem that began about when it got an IOS Update.
    The tcp-dump packet capture is showing an interesting pattern:

xx.xx.xx.xx.60955 > 172-2-23-1.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net.snmp: [bad udp cksum 622e!] { SNMPv2c C=snmp-rw { GetNextRequest(33) R=201148990 E:cisco.9.109.1.1.1.1.8 } }
    172-2-23-1.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net.snmp > xx.xx.xx.xx.60955: [udp sum ok] { SNMPv2c C=snmp-rw { GetResponse(35) R=201148990 E:cisco.9.109.1.1.1.1.8.19=6 } }

The pattern "bad udp cksum", does it reveal something to you?

Thank you very much.
    Rudi

• 7.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Aug 25, 2021 10:20 AM
    Have you cleared the ssh key in known hosts after IOS upgrade . You have NCM working with same version of IOS ?

A case with broadcom and cisco will help you.

• 8.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Aug 31, 2021 09:37 AM
    Hi Jason,

as I see we have the sam IOS on other devices and the config saving on the other devices in running well.
    The only difference is, we have an C3850-24T Switch running as a stack. The other switches are single C3850-12S switch.

Do you think this could be a problem?

Kind regards,
    Rudi

• 9.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2021 07:43 AM

Hello Rudi, 

Have you been able to successfully execute a " write net" from the router itself to the TFTP server you are trying to capture to from NCM ? 

If that does not work you have some trouble shooting to do on the router end.

Don

• 10.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Sep 16, 2021 04:03 AM
    Hi Donald and hi all other guys,

since a write net didn't work we change the way to save the configuration using a SSH script now and that works.

Thank you for all the assistence done.

Kind regards,
    Rudi

• 11.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 16, 2021 08:20 AM
    Glad to head you found a solution that worked.

Was something preventing the Router from getting to the TFTP server ? Firewalls etc...
    ::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 12.  RE: SPC-OCC-10747: Error capturing configuration for host: Failure.

Posted Sep 17, 2021 07:54 AM
    Hi Donald,

there was something preventing tftp, but not the firewall because for other devices it works.
    There could be a misconfiguration on the router, but I can't say it surely because we are not managing the device.

Now, saving with a SSH Script it works fine.

Thank you,
    Greetings Rudi