DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

OneClick install on Linux

• 1.  OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 14, 2019 11:28 AM
    I am trying to install OneClick on Redhat 7. Is this the right package for it?
    GEN500000000002636.tar.gz

Is the installation is similar to SPectrum? Do i need to install SRAdmin ? I see SpectroServer and Oneclick requirements but i not understanding which section covers OneClick installation?

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/spectrum/10-4/installing-and-upgrading/fresh-install/system-requirements-for-installing-ca-spectrum/spectroserver-and-oneclick-requirements.html

• 2.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2019 11:42 AM
    Yes that looks like the correct package.

CA Spectrum 10.4 for Linux.txeGEN500000000002636.tar.gz

Yes you must install SRAdmin.

Run the installation as normal. You will be prompted for what you want to install. Deselect SpectroSERVER.

Joe

• 3.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 14, 2019 11:46 AM

Since I am doing non-gui install, I have to update the properties files to reflect this is oneclick right. Which variable that would be?

• 4.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2019 11:50 AM
    ss_install=yes|no
    (Optional) 
    = Yes for a new installation. Select No if you do not want to install the 
    SpectroSERVER
     on the remote computer. For first-time installations only.

oc_install=yes|no
    (Optional) 
    = No. Select No if you do not want to install OneClick on the remote computer. For first-time installations only.
    Reference https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/spectrum/10-4/installing-and-upgrading/fresh-install/sradmin-installation-methods.html#concept.dita_e604bc27adf8ae994571db426fc02e12bcb5a5a7_HIIFileParameters

• 5.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 14, 2019 12:01 PM

Where do I get PART-Number. I am assuming if I don't specify exclude_parts by default it will install Report Manager right?  I have Spectroserver and Oneclick will be running on different servers which means main_loc_server would be my spectrum server correct? Is the Product_name valid? Do I have to change it to CA OneClick.?

exclude_parts=<

PART-NUMBE

R>; 

<PART-NUMBER

> 

remote_host=oneclickserver

install_owner=spectrumadmin

main_loc_serv=spectrumserver

l_handle=64

ss_install=no

oc_install=yes

xtn_install=yes

install_type=full

locale=en_US

install_dir=/app/spectrum

vcd_path=/app/spectrum

product_name=CA Spectrum

• 6.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2019 02:20 PM
    Correct. If you do not specify a part number to install it will install it.

Part numbers can be found in the $SPECROOT/Install-Tools/IDX/SS directory on a current install. For example, you will see a file in this directory called SA-RPT-MGR.i so the part number will be SA-RPT-MGR.

Joe

• 7.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 14, 2019 03:19 PM

Thanks. I was able to successfully install one click.

You can login as the installation owner spectrumadmin. The initial password for the installation owner is spectrum.

But it fails.. Where can I change the password.

• 8.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2019 03:23 PM
    I this a new installation not an upgrade? 

Make sure the SpectroSERVER is up and running and connected to OneClick.

If all looks good, please open a case with Spectrum support so they can assist.

Joe

• 9.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 15, 2019 09:37 AM

Yes it is a new installation. SpectroServer and OneClick is running on different server. I don't think it is connected. How to connect both of them? Trying to find the doc for that.

• 10.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 15, 2019 09:47 AM

Did you add the ip address or hostname to the $SPECROOT/.hostrc file on the MLS system?

Yes I verified this.

Ensure the new OC is configured to point to the MLS system. This can be checked by looking at the locServerName parameter in the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/META-INF/contect.xml file.

Yes it does contain the SPECTRUM servername

Ensure there are no issues with hostname resolution between the MLS and OC systems

-        No issues  

Ensure there are no network issues between the MLS and OC systems especially firewalls

-        No firewall or network issues

Ensure the adminUserName parameter in the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/META-INF/contect.xml file is a valid Spectrum User model in the MLS database.

-        The user exists in the file

• 11.  RE: OneClick install on Linux
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2019 01:00 PM
    Ensure the context.xml file is pointing to the MLS system correctly. locServerName=<MLS Hostname> and the OC can resolve the MLS Hostname correctly.

Ensure OC is listening on port 14001 by running "netstat -an | grep 14001"

If so and this is Linux, try to telnet to port 14001 on the OC system from the SS system. 

If all looks good, open a case with Spectrum Support for further assistance.

Joe

• 12.  RE: OneClick install on Linux

Posted Nov 15, 2019 01:17 PM

I validate the locServername and port and they are ok. Now I opened a case for this.

Thank you very much.