DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Threshold alert for Customized Group question

Posted Oct 12, 2020 04:03 PM
    Edited by Tao Yang Oct 12, 2020 06:24 PM
    I got a severe CPU Utilization violation occurred over the weekend BUT no alert triggered from Threshold Profile today.
    I looked through and found the Threshold Profile was pointing to a customized Group(with "Include the children and management items" unchecked) with some interfaces filtered(as  screenshot attached here). The violation was set as CPU Utilization more than 65% at device level and applied to this group. I checked multiple time and waited enough time but still no alert generated while the CPU on the device is always >95%.

However, when I applied the Threshold Profile to a default collection of this type of devices(no sub-rules), the alert was generated immediately.

Is there something wrong or something I missed? BTW, when I go to the "item" tab of this group and type in that device's hostname, I can find it in the group.

Send
    Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Threshold alert for Customized Group question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2020 04:46 PM
    Hi Tao,

If you change the custom group, and check off the box to include children, does it then raise the CPU event?

If the custom Group has only interface items added directly or by rule, no Devices as members, and it is not set to include children, it wouldn't have CPU items.

Without CPU items in the group tied to the profile with the CPU item/metric based event rules, we wouldn't expect to raise CPU Events from that Group.

- Mike

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------