DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Posted Jan 24, 2022 11:17 AM
    There is any upcoming plans from Broadcom to manage the polling behavior  of device components via PC  UI , so that users can manage it or by any way we can customize it ?

• 2.  RE: Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2022 12:03 PM
    Currently we only have enable/disable polling for Interfaces via the UI.  No ETA for adding that to the UI.
    Please open a support case ER if you'd like the ability and product management will decide when/if to include.

Even without UI, there is a way via Data Aggregator rest to disable polling.
    PUT http://DA:8581/rest/devices/components/<DA side item_id of component>
    Body:
    <DeviceComponent version="1.0.0"><Pollable version="1.1.1"><IsPollEnabled>false</IsPollEnabled></Pollable></DeviceComponent>

This rest call is made via the UI for Interfaces only at this time.

• 3.  RE: Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Posted Jan 24, 2022 12:06 PM
    Yes Jeffrey , I agree only interface polling works with UI . Yes we are already following above process but we cant extend the access to users.

• 4.  RE: Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2022 12:13 PM
    I thought I remember seeing an APP (for app view) on github.com/CA-PM that showed components and had the option to enable/disable polling. 
    It used odata to get the items, and could make rest calls to DA to do disable/enable, and other things.

But my quick search didn't find it.  Maybe your searching of github will provide more fruitful.

• 5.  RE: Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2022 12:32 PM
    Thinking of this one?

https://github.com/CA-PM/Device-DA-Admin

• 6.  RE: Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Posted Jan 26, 2022 12:38 PM
    The above is for device i guess ,not for components

• 7.  RE: Enable Polling via GUI for Device Components

Posted Jan 27, 2022 02:22 AM
    You can adapt it to run for components, as long as the API call is valid for components also. It should be. The call is for the component daid.